A career within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates thorough level of knowledge across multiple IT application platforms and delivery methodologies, emphasizing proven success with defining and implementing business motivation and use case/actor models, and business capability roadmaps, as well as a proven track record gathering and defining business and functional requirements.
Demonstrates a proven thorough knowledge and success in a supervisory role within a professional services firm or large enterprise providing the following:
- Defining business problems and outlining possible solutions;
- Outlining business strategies, related tactics, and objectives for measurement;
- Gathering, defining, and organizing business and functional requirements including acceptance criteria for use by developers to implement a capability;
- Resolving promptly issues and business questions;
- Parsing high level functional requirements into an executable story backlog;
- Aiding in the estimation and planning process;
- Assisting in prioritization of tasks and planning iterations;
- Providing system functionality delivery on business capabilities;
- Reporting statuses;
- Facilitating workshops;
Demonstrates a proven success record of completing projects involving the delivery of mobile and web applications, including supporting off-shore application delivery.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities related to internet and mobile app architecture technologies that include:
- Eliciting requirements and scope using client interviews, shadowing, document review, surveys and other techniques;
- Parsing out client requirements into manageable work units;
- Translating client requirements into standard UML diagrams and/or Agile user stories;
- Documenting vision and scope, including monitoring changes throughout project lifecycles;
- Collaborating with the user experience and design team to perform traceability of solution to design and business requirements;
- Creating screen mock-ups to help clients visualize requirements;
- Working with development team to estimate the level of effort required for projects, features and individual stories work items;
- Prioritizing client work based on value, risk and dependencies;
- Creating test scenarios, test plans and execution of test cases using various test scenarios to deliver quality results to clients;
- Delivering solutions that meets quality standards and being receptive to feedback and direction from others;
- Envisioning solutions-related issues and conflicts, collaborating with functional or business teams and developers to deliver solutions that meet business requirements;
- Adapting to the client's environment, development and quality standards.
Demonstrates proven thorough levels of ability and success as both an individual contributor and team member to identify and address client needs: actively participating in client discussions and facilitating meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; utilizing effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with team members and/or clients; and, managing engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; answering questions and providing coaching to junior team members on consulting and Business Analyst skills, tools, and techniques.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.