The Visa Technology Planning and Program Management (PPM) team in the Operations and Infrastructure group is looking for an experienced Solution Designer to lead and direct large complex end-to-end IT initiatives. In this role you'll lead initiatives at the heart of Visa's growth strategy, be at the centre of teams working to solve some of the most challenging growth, scale and resiliency problems, all while delivering new features, products and services to customers across the global payments and financial services marketplace.
You'll work across the Product, Product Development, Infrastructure Engineering technology domains (compute, storage, database, network, middleware, & operations, etc.) interacting with the some of the best and brightest engineers, architects, and product leads pushing the boundaries of what's achievable in delivering new and innovative payment solutions to the masses.
You'll need a solid technical foundation of both depth and breadth to guide teams in planning, designing and delivering large-scale high volume and resilient platforms to our customers. Your passion for excellence coupled with uncompromising standards and a positive principle-centered approach to leadership will help lift the programs you lead to new levels of performance.
· End-to-End Program Management of multiple initiatives across Visa's Technology and Product groups with alignment to strategic business objectives.
· Work closely with cross-functional groups including internal stakeholders (Product Managers, Engineers, Architects, etc.), and external customers/vendor to create program and project infrastructure design.
· Lead transformation of raw thoughts & ideas into clear technical requirements and create technical blueprints for infrastructure deployment.
· Provision infrastructure through Cloud Orchestration and Management software as required for programs and projects services.
· Lead technical coordination of non-standard HW/SW Delivery across key Technical SMEs in various Technology Domains (Systems, Database, Middleware, Network, etc…)
· Responsible for managing project scope and change control, creating accurate and inclusive estimates, management of program budgets vs actual spend, and project schedules, while proactively mitigating risks that could impact milestones and deliverables.
· Drive clear, concise and actionable meetings that bring the right partners to the table and drive decision-making.
· Lead technical discussions and communicate regularly with senior leadership on technical issues, program status, and escalations.
· Provide leadership and oversight of program performance and ensure compliance with management and information security policies
· Work with virtual teams located in different time zones and with differing cultures.
· Use abilities to positively influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations