Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
For over 20 years, F5 has been the industry leader in application delivery. Now, we're helping our customers thrive on any architecture and across multi-cloud environments. F5 is the only company on the planet that powers applications from development through their entire lifecycle so our customers-enterprise businesses, service providers, governments, and consumer brands-can deliver differentiated, high-performing, and secure digital experiences that are changing the world.
But our success isn't driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. Our culture is how we live, every single day, and it's producing exceptional results-not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, and we're committed to a culture that supports your whole life.
We're looking for a highly talented and technical Edge Platform specialist to lead F5's company strategy for engagement in the edge community. As the Edge Platform Community Evangelist for F5, you'll live, breathe and represent the pulse of the modern-day developer and act as the mediator between the company and the greater edge platform technologies community. You will be uniquely positioned to accelerate F5's vision by driving the perception and adoption of our products and technologies to customers all over the world. In this role, with your understanding of services such as CDN, you'll be utilizing your skills and passion for technology to evangelize not only our offerings, but also the benefits in use cases including IoT, private 5G, etc.
* Strategic Ownership
* Create, present and communicate technical written and video content to the DevCentral community.
* Act as mediator between the edge platform technology community and F5 business units while representing the voice of the customer to broader teams.
* Identify investment opportunities in existing industry events and create custom events for online and future offline engagement with the edge community.
* Community Evangelism
* Collaborate with customers, engineers and industry thought leaders in the broader edge community while participating in various debates and discussions.
* Drive participation of thought leaders in the Edge Security space in DevCentral online engagements and overall contributions to the community.
* Develop and host a monthly steaming online engagement experience
* Answer technical questions and respond to comments and feedback in the edge community.
* Interact with community members through calls, panels, webinars, podcasts.
* Travel to future conferences and user group meetings to present and interact in F5 booth.
* Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
* Must be able to show evidence of creative problem solving, not accepting status quo, moving forward in the face of obstacles, and taking full responsibility for ensuring success
* Experience working with edge platform technologies including Openshift, Kubernetes and VMWare
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall
* Understanding of multi-cloud, network cloud and edge cloud.
* 10+ years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
* Understanding of services such as CDN. Use cases would include IoT and private 5G
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
* Demonstrated technical expertise in cloud, edge computing, or mobile networking
* Experience building highly automated infrastructures
* Experience in giving presentations and engaging customers live on-air or through video recordings
* Understanding and experience with code deployment
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
* Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
* Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10% of the time spent traveling.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.