What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.The Role
This position is going to work on Software Infrastructure related areas. It is a full-time software architecture and development position. It will be responsible for AMD internal customer interactions.The Person
A successful candidate is expected to excel in analytical thinking, problem solving, organizing data, gathering requirements, planning and execution. He/she needs to be a self-starter who collaborates well with team members and customers alike to successfully drive tasks to completion.Key Responsibilities
Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Collaborate with a senior engineer on real world problems
- Collaborate with hardware development teams: understand their process, data and problems
- Identify innovative approaches based on SW development practices
- Gather requirements, Architect, Develop, Maintain, Support software applications, tools, scripts as needed through its life cycle
- Provide scalable, innovative solutions to a large variety of customers
- Solid knowledge/experience with programming in Python, Ruby or other OO language
- Experience with web-based systems and REST APIs
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases such as Postgres, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Exposure, knowledge and/or interest in some of the following topics/technologies:
- Designing scalable software systems
- Concurrency and distributed software
- Event/Messaging Services such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, AWS Kinesis, etc.
- Cloud Services
- Microservices or Services Oriented Architecture
- CI/CD, DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering
- Bachelors, Masters or fresh-out PhDs in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with strong programming skills
- AMD is a government contractor and subcontractor. As required by Executive Order, our US employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's work location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by December 8, 2021 . AMD will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request an exception from this requirement if you have a need for a religious and/or medical accommodation.
United States State:
AustinJob Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.