My client is a leading software vendor which sells security, fraud and roaming solutions principally to the global Telecommunications space.
The client has actually been acquired by a USA headquartered company that is now looking to ramp up product development in the security area (previous experience in security is not required).
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for 35 software engineers / software developers located in Bristol so it's required to be in the Bristol area (they also have an office in India). The client will consider candidates coming from any industry that is engaged in developing mission-critical realtime software solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for successfully delivering products to meet the business objectives of the product team. This will be achieved through leadership of Security BU development teams with close collaboration with partners in Product Management, our Architects, and our customer community.
The Manager of Security Engineering will interface with leadership from both business and technical groups within the client to execute on the strategy as well as identifying priorities and opportunities for improvement for security technology. This requires an innovative leader who can interface and lead technical development and engineering teams across multiple locations to ensure all services and capabilities meet business and technical needs.
• Setting Global policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines related to all aspects of security technology development.
• Identify gaps in technology security architecture and recommend solutions to address these gaps.
• Build the security engineering team, development process, and necessary technologies to deliver on the security vision.
• Develop budgets and business cases to support investments.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Work with Eng. Technical leads on resource availability and allocation
• Work on priorities as set by security product management – providing scope options, date/effort estimates etc. to build an agreed plan and then deliver to those plans
• Break down product management requirements into suitable user stories
• Establish and maintain relationships with leaders of various functions across the organization, the person should have strong interpersonal skills and should demonstrate the ability to provide insights and information at both the strategic and tactical levels.
• Work with the Engineering PMO team to track and report on Security BU projects into overall Engineering reports.
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Create and maintain comprehensive project and technical documentation
• 3+ years acting as a software development manager role.
• Experience working on mission-critical, realtime enterprise software development
• Strong leadership skills
• Able to bring technology innovation to the business (opensource and big-data / analytics technologies etc)
• Capable of enabling and managing a high-performance team with frequent product deliveries
• Experience in agile development environment
• Knowledge of computer system architectures & operating system concepts along with understanding of multi-core, multi-threaded programming, distributed system
• Expert knowledge with modern development practices and processes (Devops etc).
Nice to haves (not essential):
• Experience with security products / mobile security.
• Familiarity with application protocols such as FTP, DNS, SIP, Radius, Diameter , GTP, SCTP, SS7 etc. is a plus.
• Telecommunications experience
? B.E. / B.Tech. , M.E./M. Tech. or MS in Computer Science / Electronics Engineering from
good institutes. Candidates from IIT’s/NIT’s / REC’s or equivalent preferable.
The salary is flexible depending on the person's background.