We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale-trillions of data points per day-allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.The Team:
The Network Edge team is a mix of software engineering and systems focused engineers who manage the systems exposing our applications and services to the internet for all products. We build load-balancing systems in a multi-cloud environment that can ingest large throughputs and safely react to anomalies (malicious or not). As a first point of contact in the infrastructure there is a huge focus on building robust systems working with all the different intake teams at Datadog for the different products and providing those teams observability into what happens to their traffic at the edge.The Opportunity:
As an engineer on the Network Edge team, you will contribute to building the Edge infrastructure required for exposing all Datadog services over the Internet, designing solutions that work at scale and with multi-cloud and multi-region constraints. You will work with infrastructure that is essentially the first system traversed by all of our customers' data so thinking of high availability and resilience at every step of the way is critical.You Will:
- Debug and maintain day-to-day our existing infrastructure, requiring deep technical analysis and working with our cloud providers to solve unprecedented issues.
- Build the next generation of our infrastructure using cutting edge technology like Envoy, xDS, eBPF, Web Assembly...
- Build applications and tooling to help automate and manage the network edge infrastructure in a multi-cloud, multi-region, multi-tenant environment.
- Work with product engineering teams to understand the constraints of their customers and design solutions to support their traffic.
- You have been dealing with systems at scale processing GB/s of data for 4+ years and know the systems you've worked on from top to bottom.
- You have experience with critical Internet-facing infrastructure like BGP, DNS, load balancing, CDNs, DDoS mitigation systems...
- You have programing experience with languages like Golang/Python/C/C++
- Good understanding of Linux internals.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers.
- You have significant public cloud experience, ideally with more than one cloud provider
- You have a deep understanding of Linux networking
- You have worked with load balancing technologies
- You're familiar with the Kubernetes APIs
#LI-Remote This is a remote positionEqual Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.Your Privacy:
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog's Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice .