Overview: J oin a world class organization with an entrepreneurial work environment and innovative spirit!
JBT Corporations Automated Systems
business is a leading global supplier of automated, self-guided vehicle systems to the automotive, food & beverage, hospital and consumer product manufacturing industries. With offices in the United States and Europe, we are one of the worlds leading producers of automated vehicle systems.
We have an opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our Mobile Robitics R&D team
in the Greater Philadelphia area. if you are passionate about mobile robotics
COME GROW WITH US!
Designs and develops software solutions that control a fleet of automated guided vehicles.Responsibilities:
- Works with the Software Architect and other members of the team to aid in the design and implementation of software solutions. This includes new development and fixing software problems on the current platform as needed.
- Software development and implementation occurs within the Microsoft Windows development environment using Agile Methodologies and Jira.
- Completes assignments as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Participates in design and code reviews.
- Travels, as needed, to customer sites.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and work as part of a team.
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming.
- Able to travel on short notice for up to 10% of the time, domestic and international.
Qualifications: Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with the .NET Framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns implemented within software frameworks.
- 5 or more years of development experience using C# .NET
- .NET Core experience is a plus.
- NET experience is a plus.
- C# Skills
- C# Generics
- Lambda Expressions
- Data Sets
- XML/JSON Serialization/De-Serialization
- Event Handlers
- Object oriented development.
- Cloud based architecture experience is a plus (Azure)
- Experienced with multi-threaded applications.
- Create and test software prototypes.
- Web Services (REST and SOAP)
- Ability to implement high level design concepts
- Must be COVID 19 Vaccinated.
Minimum of a bachelors degree (B. S.) in Computer Science or Engineering. What we offer:
Candidates m ust be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered.H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Opportunity for growth in a booming industry (material handling automation)
- Transparent leadership team business goals and objectives regularly communicated through monthly meetings
- Casual work environment
- Company culture of continuous improvement
- Competitive salary and benefits medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability
- Benefits begin your first day of employment
- Education reimbursement benefits
- Robust 401(k) plan with company match
- Vacation, sick, and holiday paid time-off
Follow us: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube | Blog AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to
You may also call Megan Centers at if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.