Protocol Stack Software Engineer
Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today's most daunting challenges: the use of advanced electronics to undermine our way of life. As a cybersecurity professional at Lockheed Martin, you'll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Financial assets. Healthcare information. Critical infrastructure. Hazardous materials. The uninterrupted flow of energy that keeps modern life moving. Here, you'll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat protection and proactive prevention. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you'll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the resources of Lockheed Martin to keep the threats at bay.
This position is for a protocol stack software developer. This includes the responsibility for design, development, integration, and testing of LTE protocol stack software. Develop LTE protocol functionality impacting all layers of the protocol stack including PHY (physical), MAC (medium access control), RLC (radio link control), PDCP (packet data convergence control), Control Plane NAS (non-access stratum) and RRC (radio resource control), and User Plane IP and TCP/UDP. Coding is primarily in C and C++. Initial development of protocol in a Linux environment with support for porting to embedded real time operating system and gateware environment. The candidate is expected to provide technical leadership and be self directed.
Additional tasks include:
* Analyze protocol requirements and architect and implement software designs to meet them.
* Maintenance and bug fixing of existing protocol stack software in support of internal hardware in the loop verification testing and customer implementation.
* Provide support for implementation in embedded real time operating system and gateware environment.
* Work with verification engineers and processing platform engineers to develop interface between hardware and software along with operational performance requirements for system implementation.
This project consists of an agile cross functional team of software and system engineers that envisions, designs, implements, and verifies the performance of unique functionality for wireless telecommunications protocols including 4G LTE, and IP packet switching technologies. Implement features to enhance protocol communication performance, minimize resource utilization, and harden the protocol to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Experience/knowledge of software practices and configuration management
* Experience on a development team using C/C++ or another development language
* Effective oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment
* Ability to analyze protocol requirements including 3GPP and develop software designs and implementations to meet requirements.
* Ability to architect software solutions in large scale code base
* Ability to navigate and implement new functionality in large scale code base
* Ability to learn quickly and troubleshoot issues efficiently
* Ability to architect new ideas and novel solutions
* Strong analysis and mathematical skills
* Experience working in an Agile development environment
* Experience in C/C++, with a preference for C
* Linux operating system
* Software version control tools such as GIT
* Atlassian tools including JIRA and Confluence
* Continuous integration environment tools including Jenkins
* Telecom Protocol / LTE - including PHY, MAC, RLC, and PDCP layers, also GPRS Tunneling Protocol (GTP), and Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)
* Real Time Operating System such as Green Hills Integrity
* Digital Signal Processing, Software Defined Radio
* Exposure to VHDL, ability to work with a separate VHDL development team
* Static Code analysis, Code Coverage analysis, and Fuzz testing
* IP protocols, packet analysis and socket programming
* (Preferred) Current TS/SCI, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years.
* (Required) Ability to obtain TS/SCI
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): King of Prussia Pennsylvania