As a part of the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) team, you'll collaborate to build the distributed platform that enables our games to operate globally at scale. You will work with all game teams, including R&D, to engineer the microservice foundation that enables us to bring projects from creation to production. If you are looking to have an impact across all of Riot, join us and pioneer solutions to new challenges at an incredible scale.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the RDX Frameworks and Foundations team, you'll build products and services that unlock the ability for Riot developers to rapidly build foundations for new services and player experience. You'll partner closely with service and game teams to build service foundations used across products like League of Legends, VALORANT, and more. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Frameworks and Foundations team.Responsibilities
- Create and operate tools and services that help accelerate all of Riot
- Design and implement new software components
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- Participate in interviewing and help with mentoring and career development of more junior engineers
- Drive improvements around the team's testing and automation tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience building high-quality software in languages like Go, Java, Python, or any other general-purpose language.
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers through code reviews and pair programming
- Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Understand distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc.)
- Experience with Game Service Engineering
- Experience operating & maintaining live services, including handling emergent issues and on-call troubleshooting
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).