You are a talented software developer, but grow tired of working on the same applications day after day. You are a self-starter who enjoys learning new things. You enjoy solving problems, and embrace new challenges, viewing them as an opportunity for growth.
Does this sound familiar? If so, we should talk!
Presco Engineering is building design teams for bio-medical electronics, scientific instruments, drop-on-demand printers, IoT devices, high power lasers, handheld spectrometers and a host of other exciting products.
We are currently seeking Software Engineers looking for fast-paced, exciting design work in a unique engineering environment. Everyday, we're tasked with challenging engineering projects from prominent tech firms and innovative startups. We've been taking on these exciting projects for over 40 years and we've never encountered a problem we couldn't solve.Responsibilities
- Participate in software design and system architecture development, including documentation efforts
- Design and implement software and firmware to meet design requirements
- Design, develop, code, test and debug embedded firmware
- Produce code that is not only functional, but also well-commented, well-structured, and maintainable
- Generate unit tests and work with unit testing frameworks
- Work with software version control tools
- Interface with electronics design team
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Provide post-production support
Presco Engineering is located in New Haven, CT and we're seeking local talent.
Due to the nature of our projects, it is important to be a fast learner. It is quite common for our developers to be working on multiple projects at once, often running on different platforms and written in different programming languages. Developers must be able to quickly adapt to new projects and technologies - the development cycle of a project is typically 3-6 months, and every project is different.
- Proficiency developing and debugging software
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Highly motivated and willing to learn new skills
- Basic understanding of (or interest in) electronic design
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Willingness to step outside the comfort zone to learn new languages, technologies, libraries, and skills as required
- Ability to utilize books or the internet to research new topics and find solutions to problems
- Experience with STM32 microprocessors is a plus
- Coding skills and flexibility are more important than years of experience
Salary will be based on selected candidate's experience level. Salaries are competitive and we offer a complete benefits package including company paid medical insurance and retirement.