Pivotal Commware develops 5G communications platforms, systems and applications based on Holographic Beam Forming® , a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. HBF allows Pivotal to create software-defined antennas that can harness, shape and direct radio waves with order-of magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in cost, size, weight and power consumption (C-SWaP). HBF enables mobile network operators to maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal™.
As a Hardware and Software Integration Engineer you are responsible for the development of the unified hardware verification and software integration toolchain. The ideal candidate will work with cross-functional engineering teams to deliver automated device control and measurement systems for firmware and embedded applications used in the control of terrestrial holographic beamforming antenna systems. This position will work heavily with the RF, Hardware, Software, Mechanical, and Test development teams to design optimal tools and strategies to ensure timely, accurate, and clear analysis of intricate mmWave antenna system datasets. This position reports to the Mirowave Test Engineering Manager.
* Software development of the unified hardware/software verification platform
* Collaborate with other functional groups (Software Engineering, Hardware Design, Mechanical Engineering) to plan, develop, and implement diagnostic tool sets for RF measurement and analysis systems
* Plan and develop instrument and system automation tools and scripts
* Perform integration, system, and acceptance testing of test software and hardware test beds
* Use and support continuous improvement practices for RF test hardware and software integration initiatives
* 3+ years in software/hardware development with a Bachelor's degree in EE, CSE or equivalent experience in the field
* Fluent in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Lisp
* Highly proficient in Python
* Strong understanding of the fundamentals of object-oriented programming, algorithm design, design pattern selection, and complexity analysis
* Experience with control of devices, such as, Arduinos, WiFi pineapples, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generator, Vector Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Power meters or similar
* Strong communications skills and ability to work seamlessly across fast-paced engineering teams
* Experience working with automated frameworks and development of automated hardware systems
* Familiarity with the following systems & tools highly preferred
* Jenkins, Travis or similar
* Git, Bitbucket, Jira or similar
* Standard communication protocols (SPI, UART, I2C, Bluetooth, etc.)
* TCP/IP networking and debugging tools (Wireshark, Nmap or similar)
Pivotal was named among Washington's Top 100 Places to Work in 2018, 2019 & 2020. At Pivotal you will join a team experienced in advanced communications, RAN system development and deployment, commercial antenna's, RF design, cloud-based management software and machine learning. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we would like to hear from you!
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.