At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Wireless Service Expansion, a new business unit at Rogers, is seeking an experienced, highly quantitative, driven and creative Senior Wireless Access Planner to focus on designing solutions and strategic planning in new coverage areas. This position will require cross-functional coordination across several groups. The successful candidate will combine strategic planning and decision making with analytics and insights. The ideal candidate will be passionate about solutioning and wireless networks, have a demonstrated interest in data and technology, work well independently, be highly analytical and demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate solutions and plans to a broad audience. This role will challenge the candidate to understand and impact many facets of our wireless network and business strategy.
* Complete modelling & analysis of wireless access network expansion opportunities, in accordance with established policies, engineering & construction standards & specifications
* Complete feasibility assessments of wireless service expansion opportunities
* Liaise with Unified Fibre Planners & GIS specialists to update models and feasibility assessments with survey & preliminary engineering results from design and build engagements
* Provide input on business case in preparation of submission
* Work closely with the delivery manager to report on progress, highlight and mitigate any risk
* Complete network expansion opportunity bid submissions
* Support completion of cross-functional funding request as required
* Support preparation of budgets, bids, and contracts
* Ensure completion of engineering planning & design specifications for successful bid awards
* Provide engineering support on all wireless matters for implementation of successful bids
* B.S., or B.E., in business-related or quantitative field (Economics, Finance, Math, Engineering, or similar discipline)
* Experience in problem solving individually and in a group setting and knowledge of financial drivers of the business
* 5+ years of experience in radio access network solutions and radio resource management
* 2+ years of experience in strategy, finance, analytics or planning experience with Excel and Powerpoint
* Familiar with radio air interface standards and propagation characteristics
* Experience in capacity, performance monitoring & network optimization
* Knowledge of Unix, Linux (command line)
* Programming skills (Java, Python etc.)
* Experience with advanced Excel
* Experience in shifting priorities, while maintaining organization and control
* Experience in SQL/Power BI/visualization tools
* Experience in communicating insights gained from data with clarity and impact
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 214223
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
* Our people are at the heart of our success
* Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
* We do what's right, each and every day
* We believe in the power of new ideas
* We work as one team, with one vision
* We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Emerging Business