Senior Wireless Network Engineer - CoStar Group - Washington, DC or Richmond, VA
CoStar provides industry professionals and consumers of commercial real estate and apartments with critical knowledge to explore and complete transactions by offering the most comprehensive, timely and standardized information on commercial real estate and apartments and the right innovative tools to be able to effectively utilize that information.
We are looking for a Senior Wireless Network Engineer/Solutions Architect to join our team of engineers to manage the corporate Wi-Fi network. In addition, you will work on the network backbone that spans 6 global data centers and 80+ offices worldwide.
You are a self-starter, love the challenge of solving problems, building solutions to help the company scale. You use leading edge hardware, software defined networking and traditional networking to work on a variety of challenging and innovative projects. You are motivated to help yourself and the team grow. You'll Work With The Following Technologies
- Aruba Mobility master, mobility devices, access points
- Network enforcement applications such as Clearpass
- Firewall technologies including - CheckPoint, Palo Alto, Cisco
- Cisco Nexus switches - 9Ks, 7Ks, 5Ks, 3Ks, FEXs
- Load balancers and traffic managers - F5 BIGIP GTM, Akamai, Amazon ELB
- SSL VPN solutions - Junos, Ivanti Pulse Secure, CheckPoint
- Manage Wi-Fi across 80 worldwide office locations
- Support operations of multiple Clearpass deployments
- Triage tickets related to Wi-Fi, data centers, Internet applications, and worldwide office connectivity across switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN
- Respond to automated monitors and alerts to troubleshoot Wi-Fi and network issues
- Deploy and support-routing, switching, firewall, and traffic management environments for 50 market leading Internet sites that serve millions of visitors
- Position requires periodic participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation and off hour's maintenance windows
Preferred Qualifcations And Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years supporting enterprise wi-fi over LAN and WAN environments (preferably Aruba)
- 4+ years configuring and operating Clearpass (policy manager, onboarding, guest, insight)
- Hands on with wireless survey tools such as Ekahau or Airmagnet and Wi-Fi design tools
- Hands on with Aruba Airwave management system
- Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting Cisco network devices.
- In depth knowledge of radio frequencies and Wi-Fi spectrums and optimizations
Overview Of Company
- Experience in network protocol analyzers/sniffers.
- Understanding of monitoring tools such as Solarwinds or LogicMonitor
- Knowledge of networking technologies to include TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, STP, HSRP, PPP, NAT, QoS, ACLs, MSCHAPv2, PAP, 802.1x, EAP-TLS
- Experience with Next Generation firewalls
- One or more relevant certifications such as ACMA, ACMP, ACMX, ACCP, ACDX, CCNP, CCIE, CCSE, CCMSE
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.Whats In It For You
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.Our Benefits Package Includes (but Is Not Limited To)
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group:
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing