At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Come be part of the team that launched the 1st 5G network in Canada! We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our RAN Engineering & Innovation team. Our team is responsible for building the next generation of network infrastructure that will power the wireless technologies of tomorrow.
The ideal candidate will lead the design and development of data-driven solutions across a variety of Information Management initiatives ranging from existing applications to new large-scale and complex data transformation programs. You will architect efficient, reliable, scalable and secure solutions to meet the business needs. This includes planning, evaluating, recommending and designing the solutions to ensure that network projects are prioritized, measured on impact and economic viability and aligned with business and technology strategies.
As part of the RAN organization, you will use your ability to analyze and understand network performance, technology and consumer demands. You will model several network scenarios, forecast capacity/performance and support business initiatives.
What you will be doing:
* Capacity/performance forecasting and data analytics using machine learning
* Complex area of algorithmic modelling and big data processing
* Work on problems that are highly complex and regularly involve issues that have not been encountered before where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
* Explore and characterize the data available to a business unit/team.
* Develop and implement predictive network models.
* Support the influence and impact across the enterprise in promoting the tools and services developed within the teams.
* Analyse data to improve service reliability and performance of Rogers's core services (video, voice, data, wireless).
* Identify and implement key metrics that drive customer experience in the Wireline and wireless network.
* Identify opportunities to extend existing big data and emerging technologies to meet anticipated network, business and customer needs.
* Facilitate, influence, and persuade the decision-making of senior management on technical issues. Represent the company on technical matters.
What you have:
* BE/BSc degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Mathematics (master's/doctoral degree preferred)
* Expert level in at least one of the areas of capacity/performance forecasting, artificial intelligence or statistical data analysis & anomaly detection.
* Strong experience with predictive modelling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-times systems.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
* Ability to deliver presentations and proposals to various audiences.
* Innovation: Motivated to improve organizational performance through the introduction of new ideas, methods, processes, products, or services. Develops new ways of looking at a situation.
* Initiative: Proactively identifies present and future obstacles, issues, and opportunities. Takes actions to address such obstacles.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 221910
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
* Our people are at the heart of our success
* Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
* We do what's right, each and every day
* We believe in the power of new ideas
* We work as one team, with one vision
* We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering