As a Senior WIFI Network Engineer you will play a key role in our Service Provider team and will demonstrate significant experience of designing and building WIFI networks.
The Senior Focal Engineer (SFE) will build and enhance the engineering and technical relationship with the Service Provider Customer. The FE will provide a pro-active service in all aspects of enhanced service delivery.
To provide a bridge between the customer engineering teams and customer support teams to all areas within telent to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is at the forefront of all commitments.
To assist Sales to develop opportunities within the Service Provider base.
- To act as a technical lead within the customer account for both internal and external requirements and especially for wireless requirements.
- To act as an internal technical escalation point and to be able to mentor/coach internal resources to achieve a higher level of service.
- To act as a 3rd line technical lead to resolves technical problems, either design or support related problems. To take a lead where required in root cause analysis to drive issue resolution and limit impact to the customer.
- To train internal staff on products, customer networks and wireless deployments.
- To review and report on specific customer incidents and to manage customer expectations. To add value and highlight trends within the call data. Ensuring escalation and feedback drives a high level of performance throughout telent.
- To be responsible for the documentation and upkeep of technical databases relating to the customers network infrastructure such that internal engineering colleagues can refer to this information held on either a WiKi or KEDB, assisting in the resolution of customer incidents and problems.
- To assist in the build and design of Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities in the telent labs. To help in the creation of test type documentation and test scenarios.
- Assist and/or lead in the pre-staging of equipment to be installed on customer sites as part of projects or installs.
- To attend, as required, the following customer facing meetings, support reviews, project based, monthly service reviews, weekly incident reviews.
- To assist principle engineers in the development and demonstrations of new solutions both internally and externally.
- Be an expert in the required Technology for your section. Create and deliver: technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, and proposal development.
- Provide Technical assistance to the sales teams in whatever format is required (e.g. in customer meetings, presentations and response to tenders) so that opportunities are supported with the correct Technical expertise.
- Ensure time sheets are accurate and submitted weekly. Incident call updates, where required, are accurate, timely and meaningful. Overtime and expenses are completed and submitted accurately.
- Handling and protection of telent information and reporting of security incidents as defined in the Information Security Policy and the HR Information Security Policy
Business Operations Experience:
5 years + experience supporting Service Provider Networks and demonstrable wireless experience.
Business Operations Qualifications:
- Networking certification of Juniper JNCIS-SP or ENT or higher (preferably JNCIP-SP) combined with CCNP R&S and either vendor or agnostic Wireless certifications.
- Multi-discipline (other certifications in wireless, routing and switching or data centre)
- Technically leading from the front.
- Excellent work ethic and a strong sense of ownership
- Remain hands-on with technology
- Builds trust and a collaborative relationship with stakeholders across the organisation and colleagues within the team
- Strives for continuous improvement, delivers and supports new processes and directions
- Excellent customer facing and presentation skills
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion...... click apply for full job details