Posting Job Description
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Senior UX Designer for its mobile R&D team. Are you a UX designer who loves exploring bold new ideas? Do you embrace failure as a learning opportunity? Join us and invent the next generation of WB Games in beloved franchises like Harry Potter, Batman, and Wonder Woman.
On the R&D team you will be a core member of a small team working to bring early-phase concepts to life. You will use your skills to answer critical questions about the user experience both on paper and in software. You will have the opportunity to experiment with different genres, explore innovative ideas, and learn both from what does and doesn't work.
In this role you will use your expertise in UX development to create unique, high quality experiences in game concepts and prototypes. The role requires prior experience in mobile and you will need to be able to quickly iterate and develop flows, screens, icons, and information hierarchy. Top design skills, collaboration and communication are key as you will work across multiple groups to translate requirements into compelling and top-notch designs.
* Guide user experience design for multiple, best in class, free-to-play mobile game concepts.
* Implement UX solutions in software to prove out core elements of gameplay.
* Design wireframes and UX flows for games, features and prototypes that address both user behavior and attitudes.
* Engage in internal and external feedback sessions, collecting and utilizing user feedback to improve the product.
* Work cross-functionally with design, product management, engineering, and art.
* Must have portfolio link on resume. Resumes without portfolio information will not be considered.
* BA / BS Degree in Design (e.g. Interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, human factors) or equivalent professional experience in the field of user experience and user interface design.
* At least 2 mobile games from pre-production to ship.
* 5+ years mobile UX/UI design experience.
* 5+ years game development experience.
* Strong in-editor UX development skills (Unity preferred).
* Experience working with multiple disciplines/stake-holders, including Product Management.
* Expert prototyping skills (Sketch, Origami, After Effects, Flash, Illustrator, etc) and experience working in a rapid iteration environment.
* Strong understanding of free-to-play game UX.
* Strong visual sensibility.
* Knowledge of creating optimal user experiences from a game design perspective.
* Knowledge of traditional design methods and theories.
* Passion for making games.