Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings Company, is a mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in McLean, VA. Drawing upon its heritage companies histories of consistent growth and high performance in the federal services market, Avantus ensures eminence is earned, sustained and grown.
Avantus services and solutions are designed, tailored, and executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers solve complex challenges. Our capabilities include Project & Portfolio Management, Facilities, Acquisition & Sustainment, Systems Engineering Technical Services, Operations & Analysis, Transformation & Advisory Services, Data & Software Solutions, Digital Innovation, and Augmented Intelligence.
We are currently seeking a Telecommunications Engineer/Analyst to join a high-performing team focused on the instrumentation, analysis, and augmentation of wireless signals (including 5G New Radio and LTE) to address mission needs for performance, resiliency, and security. The engineer/analyst will possess a robust wireless and telecommunications background and be capable of delivering high-performance networking and data infrastructure solutions to our government customerin Charlottesville, Virginia for a new five year contract award.
We are interested in highly motivated, enthusiastic candidates with a wide variety of skills and the ability and interest to dig deep on challenging technical problems.
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 8+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of wireless WAN system signaling procedures and/or radio architecture
- Experience with programming in languages such as Python, Java, C++, or C
- Strong understanding of software design and signal processing concepts
- Familiarity with commonly used wireless communications physical layer protocols
- Ability to effectively communicate and present wireless network architecture, protocol, and security concepts or analysis as a technical advisor or technical mentor
- Familiar with cognitive radio-based (CR-based) 5G/6G wireless communications, spectrum sensing and spectrum sharing and is well-versed in IoT, emulation attack, and interference alignment.
- Possess proficiencies in high frequency to satellite communications, signal processing, mmWave networking, and antennas and propagation, as well as associated communication standards and protocols
- TS/SCI clearance #AvantusClearedJob
- Successful Completion of Pre-Employment Background Investigation required
- Required to follow the Executive Order 14042 mandate regarding COVID vaccination and client requirements to ensure compliance.
One or more of the following skills are desirable:
Experience with LTE and/or 5G radio access network configuration, function development, or evaluation
Experience with RF communications, cellular waveforms, and signal processing concepts
Experience with scientific/numeric computing experience with MATLAB, Python, or C
Experience with embedded systems and the implementation of wireless protocol stacks
Experience with deployment/configuration of IP networks
Experience with containerized application software design and container orchestration systems (e.g. Kubernetes)
Experience with cryptography and security concepts, including key-agreement protocols, authentication, encryption, and related concepts
Experience with embedded security topics such as firmware/software reverse engineering and vulnerability discovery
Strong software development practices including design and code reviews, testing and regression, revision control, and user documentation
Organization of dynamic engineering teams, work distribution, scheduling, communication
Company EEO Statement:
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.