United States of America - Ohio, ColumbusJob SummaryAECOM
is actively seeking a Senior Telecommunications Designer
for employment in the Columbus, CO/ Denver, CO/ San Diego, CA/ Orange, CA/ Cleveland, OH/ Houston, TX/ Grand Rapids, MI/ Minneapolis, MN/ Chicago, IL
office. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.About AECOM
, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
About Buildings + Places
- Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record's 2020 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
AECOM's Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture in a dynamic, interactive, and creative work environment.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc. and many Fortune 500 companies.
*The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:*
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Has system-wide responsibility on complex projects and components.
- Provides direction for projects.
- Solves medium to highly technical, complex problems on multiple projects, and provides consultative support to internal staff.
- Assists with the transfer of knowledge of technical skills.
- Project size could range from medium to high complexity
- Viewed as a subject matter expert within the organization.
- Acts as a mentor to less senior IT staff.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering plus six (6) years of related experience and/or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification from BICSI
- Valid Driver's License
- Due to the nature of this work, US Citizenship is required
- 6+ years of telecommunications and low voltage design experience within a consulting engineering, Architecture-Engineering firm or design-build firm
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD based design projects
- Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm in design of telecommunication and security systems.
- Experience in the following markets: Healthcare and Labs, Corporate Commercial / Mixed Use. Federal government experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills: articulate, assertive, and confident
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
- Documented experience with advanced design, and aesthetically challenging design with high profile architecture firms
What We Offer
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
B&P - Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Full TimeRequisition/Vacancy No.
US - Chicago, IL - 303 E Wacker Drive, US - Cleveland, OH - 1300 East 9th Street, US - Denver, CO - 7595 East Technology Way, US - Grand Rapids, MI - 3950 Sparks Drive SE, US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy Freeway, US - Minneapolis, MN Suite S LaSalle Ave, US - Orange, CA - 999 Town & Country Rd, US - San Diego, CA - 401 West A StreetVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.