This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Alexa Artificial Intelligence organization! We are looking for an exceptional Senior Technical Program Manager to be part of a world class team, working on ground-breaking experiences and technology, changing the way people interact with digital personal assistants.
You are passionate about customers and thrive in solving tough challenges and leading cross-functional programs. You have experience leading delivery across science and engineering disciplines and have an established track record of delivering large programs and driving technical roadmaps. We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
As part of the team, you will drive the integration of Machine Learning Science and Engineering on the Alexa AI platform, owning the product vision, technical agenda, planning and execution. You will:
- Be the single-threaded program leader having end-to-end ownership of complex projects to deliver delightful experiences
- Manage partnerships with the teams building Alexa capabilities to ensure high quality end-user experiences
- Plan customer solutions from the data - dive deep into experience data to identify problems and push for solutions
- Find the opportunities for multiplying innovation across different customers, investing individual technology advances into the core science and platforms;
- Continuously improve the internal processes and customer engagement models to streamline and accelerate the delivery of new technology.
7+ years of relevant engineering experience
Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
5+ years of technical program management experience
Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
Strong stakeholder management skills
Proven effective roadmap management
Experience with Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding/Processing or other machine learning technologies
Ability to write scripts and tools to access usage data and generate reports and analysis
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Proven results from establishing and optimizing software engineering processes for different organizations/environments
Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Fast learner of new technologies
Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age