Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Senior Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you will help Riot continue to build and deliver our exciting entry into the FPS genre. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you build systems and features to support VALORANT's development team. You will also work with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to our Engineering Manager.Responsibilities
- Design, architect, and implement the core technology to bring the VALORANT experience to mobile players.
- Build an understanding of mobile player needs to guide technical decision making. Collaborate with game designers to make full use of mobile technologies. Work closely with VALORANT engineers and central Riot tech to leverage existing technologies.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with C++
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience developing software for iOS and Android devices
- Experience working in the games industry
- Experience developing in Unreal Engine
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!Our Perks
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
===It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)