At Booster we're on a mission to accelerate the transition to clean, environmentally friendly, cost effective energy by creating the first fuel agnostic energy supply chain. We believe the adoption of alternative energies is slow because of access and we've begun to change that with our disruptive new supply platform. By delivering the right fuel to the right vehicle at the right time we create efficiency across the entire energy process. We've successfully applied this model to fossil fuels reducing carbon emissions by 1.1 lbs of CO2 emissions with each delivery. Bio and alternative fuels are next. We're the catalyst to better energy for you, your community and our planet.About The Role
As a senior member of our mobile team, you will play an active part in designing, developing, and managing our next generation Booster Fuel apps. Your expertise will contribute to defining our architecture and building a world class mobile application.
Expect to work on both iOS and Android for our App Store apps and our internally-facing mobile energy delivery apps.
We are looking for candidates who have a good understanding of system architectures, a forward thinking mindset aimed at highly readable code, as well as identifying problems or bottlenecks before they become issues.
Our apps are fully featured. Our App Store apps help customers manage their vehicles, schedule service, monitor delivery and claim promotions and referrals.
For our Service Professionals, our delivery apps have sophisticated capabilities including OCR, NFC, inventory controls, and IOT control of the tanker's meters and pumps.What You Will Do
What You Should Have
- Develop and improve native frameworks or libraries for both our iOS and Android apps, with an emphasis on Android experience
- Analyze our users' data to identify bugs, and fix them efficiently and with care
- See the big picture and identify inefficiencies and opportunities for meaningful improvements. Drive alignment on how to tackle these and lead the delivery of high leverage solutions towards the widest impact
- Break down complex product requirements into well-groomed user stories
- Create beautiful and fast code that improves our codebase in meaningful ways
- Collaborate with other designers and engineers to build mobile solutions with best practice, performance, exceptional user experience, and scalability in mind
About Our Benefits
- 5+ years experience working on Android (Kotlin) and iOS (swift) mobile apps, including experience building native frameworks or libraries
- Created, maintained and innovated on at least one iOS or Android app in the App Store (or Enterprise distribution to a large user base)
- Experience with dependency management or package management tools such as Cocoapods, Carthage, Swift Package Manager, Gradle, or Maven
- Experience integrating with (and ideally designing and building) server-side APIs and components that interface with mobile applications
- Experience with build automation tools or continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) tools such as Fastlane, CircleCI, Bitrise, GitHub Actions, etc
- Experience with unit, integration, and/or E2E test frameworks
- Strong knowledge of mobile application user interface (UI) / user experience (UX), architecture, framework development, performance optimization, and security
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with Raspberry Pi
- The most senior candidates will be exceptional mentors and have the experience/ability to develop other senior engineers into staff engineers
- Strong desire to independently learn engineering skills and share it with other software engineers
Some Background on Us!
- Keep Everyone Healthy. We know that you work to take care of your loved ones. That's why we offer benefits that cover you and your family including 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage for you!
- Recharge Your Batteries. We have unlimited responsible PTO. Take the quality time you need, when you need it. Take care of personal stuff. Stop and smell the roses. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Be Part of Something. Not only will you get to build something that could redefine consumer behavior, you'll be an owner. Get Early Stock Options at a fast-growing startup with strong VC backing.
Bloomberg.com, Green Diesel Maker REG Buys Stake in Startup That Gets Fuel Right to Vehicles
Fleet Management Weekly, Booster Expands its Mobile Energy Technology Platform to Include On-Demand Electric Vehicles Charging Capability
Fortune, Low-paying jobs aren't going to solve women's unemployment crisis
Booster continues to win awards: Forbes Top Startup Employers 2021 , PRWeek's 2021 Hall of Femme , SVBJ's Under 40 , Business Intelligence Group's 2019 Sustainability Service of the Year , and Women in Trucking's 2019 Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation .
Individuals seeking employment at Booster are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Booster does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Booster doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Booster.