Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone reaching over 80 million unique visitors a month through its digital properties! The Consumer Mobile team is responsible for the Android, iOS, and tvOS platforms. We build apps that are carefully constructed, performant, and delightful to use. Our mobile users are a highly engaged cohort, coming back throughout the day to catch up with breaking news and market data.
What's in it for you:
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading projects from start to finish, in collaboration with our talented designers and product managers. We work closely with backend services, web, and personalization teams to develop new features, move fast and build iteratively. You will be part of a passionate engineering team who take ownership of their work and are committed to our mission. You will leverage React Native to deliver a consistent experience and work with a common codebase across iOS and Android. You will cultivate deep expertise in React Native and have the opportunity to contribute to open source. You will be part of a culture of high quality engineering practices, continuous learning, and collaboration. You will have the opportunity to attend and speak at the most sought after mobile engineering conference
What's in it for you:
Lead mission critical projects that impact engagement, subscriptions, and ad revenue (for example, tailor content we deliver to user interests, both in the home feed and via push notifications, and quickly test and iterate over subscription offers and messaging).
Be passionate about app performance (speed, memory, battery usage) and user satisfaction (we're aiming for 5 stars, minimizing bugs & crashes and improving UX - we have a usability testing lab onsite).
We'll trust you to:
- Build, test, and iterate on new methods of storytelling
- Write clear and maintainable code
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and engineering teams
You need to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience with software development
- 3+ years of experience building mobile applications (iOS/Android)
- A deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
Nice to have:
- Experience with React Native, JSX, TypeScript/Flow, Jest, and/or Redux
- Strong continuous integration and continuous delivery experience
- Expert understanding of app analytics, debugging & monitoring tools, concurrency & multithreading, networking and push notifications
- Active follower and/or contributor to the React Native or general open source community
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.