Position Summary...What you'll do...
At Sam's Club, we are developing the next generation of capabilities in the Big Data space. We are building these new capabilities leveraging an open source software stack and modern cloud-based infrastructure. To support our business, these capabilities need to handle massive amounts of data and be adaptable to an ever-changing/adapting data landscape.Responsibilities of the team:
- Designs and builds the next generation big data platform in the public cloud
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Maintains forks of open source tools essential to the platform
- Creates tools for self-service data and cluster management
- Collaborates with data scientist on productionizing projects
- Implements processes and systems to monitor system health and data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering
- Ability to develop and maintain and support complex systems using a variety of programming languages (Python, Scala, Java, Bash, etc.)
- Solid understanding of data structures (stacks, queues, graphs, etc.) and analysis of algorithms
- Deep knowledge of current big data technology stack (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Ability to drive medium to large scale projects collaborating with various stakeholders
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Excellent analytic, decision making and communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Contributions to open source projects
- Knowledge of Statistics, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge of common data science languages (Python & R) and packages (pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow, dplyr, ggplot2, etc.)
- Experience developing data pipelines with Airflow or other tools
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with public cloud platforms like Azure or Google
- Previous experience working with a distributed team
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related fieldPrimary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72, United States of America