An Senior RF Antenna Systems Engineer is required to take a key role in the product development of Phased Array SatCom antennas. Providing system development, integration and testing for RF antennas with a focus on hands-on experimental verification and validation. The role provides opportunities to develop technical expertise in antenna systems, while contributing as a key member of the engineering team.
The ideal candidate will feel comfortable owning test facilities and system development; from concept, through to technical modelling, lab verification and field testing on operational satellite links. Collaborating with other engineering teams to provide guidance and feedback on system performance will be key.
The small and dynamic nature of the engineering team allows for this role to span multiple aspects of the product development lifecycle, providing excellent development opportunities in a fast paced, agile, environment.
- Perform RF testing and Antenna level functional tests of pre-production hardware sub-assemblies and system software
- Develop, test and improve mathematical algorithms for the system operation.
- Develop methods and engineering software to improve testing and analysis.
- Take ownership of RF test facilities, continuously improving the design, test methods and quality.
- Characterise and analyse the antenna system performance on both near field and far field RF test ranges
- Support the wider technical deliverables required for product development, such as lifecycle management, methods development, peer reviews, procurement support and lab testing
- Work with the engineering teams across multiple disciplines to integrate technology requirements into the systems, software, electrical and RF design.
- Take responsibility for own projects and delivery to tight timescales, communicating through plans, presentations and written reports.
- Lead small engineering teams and subcontractors for design, analysis and testing
- The role will be primarily based at the company's London office, but periodic travel to an offsite testing facility in Essex will be required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A good first or Upper 2nd Class degree (BEng/MEng) in Engineering or equivalent work-based qualifications.
- 3-5+ years in systems, RF and antenna product design
- Experience of systems and mechanical integration of RF products (GHz range), with integration of equipment for development testing.
- Competent practical experience in the use of test equipment such as scopes, spectrum analysers, PNAs, VNAs, signal generators, power meters.
- Experience of requirements definition, system functional analysis, system integration, system testing and system verification & validation.
- Postgraduate Engineering Degree or Undergraduate Engineering Masters Degree
- Design and analysis of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Electronic PCB and mechanical integration.
- Product development of SatCom antennas (preferably Ku and/or Ka) with RF Test Chamber and field testing experience...... click apply for full job details