We are seeking an experienced electrical engineer specializing in RF/Microwave and Antenna (AESA) Design and Testing. The candidate must be comfortable working with commercial off-the-shelf and custom hardware designs to achieve hardware requirements. Responsibilities will require working within a team of engineers to test and troubleshoot proven Antenna (AESA) designs in a production environment. Tasks will span transition to production and full-rate production programs.
Responsibilities include supporting hardware in production, hardware integration, test and validation, and documentation. This opportunity is for a versatile RF/Microwave and Antenna engineer possessing a blend of theoretical analysis, practical application, and hands-on integration abilities. Able to troubleshoot RF/Microwave and Antenna (AESA) hardware and process issues down to RF and Antenna component levels. Communication with vendors, technical team leads, chief engineers, and program management will also be required. Ability to independently solve problems as well as work with the subsystem team. Additional responsibilities will include providing technical, schedule, and cost inputs to management. Travel is required. Required Skills:
- 5 + years minimum experience in RF/Microwave and Antenna (AESA) Test and integration
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a larger team
- Experience integrating hardware and software for RF/Microwave and Antenna (AESA) applications for Airborne Radar
- RF/Microwave Antenna Testing experience such as High Power Near Field Testing, Low Power Antenna Testing and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting RF/Microwave Antenna (AESA) hardware and process issues down to RF and Antenna component levels
- Experience in a production environment
- Experience in RF Antenna (AESA) Subsystems (focusing on Antenna hardware) and a working understanding of architecture, design, and integration processes for Airborne Radar
- Understand system issues associated with RF design such as noise figure, IP3, S-Parameters, Antenna Gain, Antenna Directivity, ERP, Side lobe Levels (SLL), Oscillation, Receive Gain, etc
- Expert proficiency with common RF test equipment such as Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal & Pulse Generators, and Oscilloscopes
- Experienced at leading Antenna (AESA) hardware integration and validation efforts necessary for efficient sell-off of advanced Airborne RADAR systems
- Able to present technical results to Program Leadership
- Travel is required
- Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain a secret clearance with interim clearance
- 7 + years minimum experience in RF/Microwave and Antenna (AESA) design, integration, and test in Airborne Radar.
- Provide technical leadership in advanced airborne radar systems on the Antenna.
- RF/Microwave and Antenna (AESA) design skills including modeling and simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST, etc.
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations
- Experience in resolving production issues with suppliers and sub-tier suppliers
- Experience working in a DoD environment
Minimum Degree: B.S. in Electrical Engineering
Preferred Degree: M.S. in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in RF/Microwave and Antenna 185439
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.