United States : North Carolina : Cary Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is seeking a Senior Project Lead to perform project/program management functions for the technology organization. Projects and Programs managed are of varying complexity in nature, involving coordination of resources (people and technology) across the larger technology organization. Responsible for identification and resolution of project interdependencies, integration and collision concerns across the department and the enterprise. Role requires strong IT and Project/Program Management skills; PMP and/or PgMP and/or SAFe certification Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Oversees medium to large /critical technology projects, typically spanning the entire organization or including various and distinct LOB s, serving as a liaison between the business and the IT area, translating varied business needs into application software solutions.
- Drive operational excellence through the understanding and alignment of key customer goals and business priorities.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving project interdependencies, overlap and integration concerns across other projects. Lead prioritization and sequencing exercises of all projects and activities across all channels.
- Apply an expert understanding of business needs, goals, and challenges and connects them to the projects in order to tell a single story.
- Responsible for project management execution including but not limited to estimating and managing projects costs and resources; identifying and managing projects risks and issues; monitoring progress of all key project work streams, deliverables and outcomes; creation and maintenance of detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Manages critical relationships with IT, consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership. Proven stakeholder management skills and ability to remove project obstacles.
- Leads and motivates project team members that are not direct reports that may cross various functional areas.
- Leads project meetings and provides updates to senior leadership regarding project status and the application and implementation of technology.
- Designs, implements, and monitors the progress of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timelines and deliverables are met.
- 5+ years of hands on project management and execution experience delivering complex software projects using standard SDLC processes
- Exceptional analytical skills with demonstrated ability to apply analysis to actionable insights
- Organizational intelligence and strong influence management/cross-functional leadership skills; adept at working in a matrixed structure
- Experienced with managing offshore teams and/or vendors.
- Very strong presentation and communication skills with experience providing communication to senior leaders
- Knowledgeable in office automation tools (MS Office suite of applications, email, Internet, etc.)
- Experience working with Project Portfolio Management tools (Clarity, JIRA etc.)
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- PMP/PgMP certified
- Project/Program Management
- Deep knowledge Financial/Budgeting Projects
- Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint
- OMNI-Channel experience
At MetLife, we re leading the global transformation of an industry we ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or other Information Systems/Technical discipline
- Customer Experience background
- Knowledge of Call Center operations
- Software Development experience
- Portfolio Management tools (Clarity, JIRA, etc.)
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 107290
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task