Basic Qualifications :
Bachelors degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position:
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, youll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Senior Principal Systems Engineer, youll participate in requirements analysis and management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification) in the development and evaluation of networks and information systems. Its your chance to step up to the challenge and prove youre ready to lead the world.
What youll experience:
- Technologies that arent just top-notch, theyre often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whats next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as its discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelors degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; Agile experience preferred
- Substantial use, understanding and tailoring of systems engineering concepts, principles and theories
- Substantial proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Ability to recognize various architectural patterns, apply them appropriately, understand strengths/weaknesses within those architectures and develop architectural variations as necessary
What sets you apart:
- Active contributor to the achievement of business objectives
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Effectively leads complex assignments; interacts with both customers and end-users
Additional skills/background required:
- Software Defined Radio background (Architecture/Design)
- RF and/or COMM's Background
- Requirements management
- Technical team leadership and customer interface experience
- HW Verification and Test (desired)
- Network Knowledge (including terrestrial/traffic modeling, node analysis & simulations)
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation.With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose.You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.EOE/Disability/Veteran
As a contractor to the Federal Government, General Dynamics Mission Systems must comply with the federal mandate requiring our workforce be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by January 4, 2022, with only very limited exceptions for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.