Competitive salary, on-call allowance, office and home working, 24 days annual leave and other great benefits.
M247 is the leading connectivity-led cloud services partner. We offer a unique combination of services and products (connectivity, cloud, voice and security) to enable businesses to scale and transform with technology.
As a Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining the operational integrity of M247's global core, transit and access networks. Serving customers across 110 countries, positioned in 75 Data Centres, operating in 38 of the worlds Internet Exchanges with 50 peering points across the globe. Providing expert technical assistance to other team members and colleagues, whilst delivering a network transformational programme that underpins the company's strategic goals, include undertaking a 3 year project to fully migrate all UK legacy services to our new Cisco NCS UK backbone and continued growth strategy increasing our international PoP footprint.
You will have a strong background in the ISP, Telecoms industry or similar, be customer centric and have extensive knowledge and a deep understanding of BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, SD-WAN, VPN and resilient WAN technologies. You will have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to answer technical queries, urgently analyze technical issues and address level 4 escalations.
You will be working with leading edge technologies, major programmes and complex activities. Going forward we will be looking at automation, any experience or desire you have in this space would be hugely beneficial but not essential.
You will form part of a 24/7/365 on-call function. Reporting to the Network Infrastructure Manager, responsible for the design, deployment and operational support of our global private network backbone and data center networks.
In return we are offering a very competitive salary, on call allowance, 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays and an extra one days annual leave for your birthday plus lots of other great benefits. This role and team are based in Manchester, we also offer the opportunity to work from home.
Your new role
- Large scale network infrastructure asset ownership, maintenance, deployment and assurance
- Key stakeholder in platform design, implementation and optimization projects.
- Providing 4th line escalation support for internal teams and customers across all tiers of the network.
- Transit, Peering & Colocation expertise.
- Develop Peering relationships.
- Traffic optimization, availability, capacity management and routing resilience.
- Administration of monitoring platforms
- Produce network documentation and topology diagrams to a very high standard and ensure they remain accurate and always upto date
- Service management of 3rd party vendors
- Lead on new product introduction - POC, go to market, etc.
- Project planning and delivery.
- Out of hours maintenance UK & International
- Actively work on service improvement plans to drive improvements, cost efficiency and performance.
- Provide full lifecycle management of network/security devices, including reviewing and implementing network upgrades
Key Skills and Abilities
- Expertise on latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (IOS-XR, IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS)
- IP internetworking and Routing & Switching.
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
- WAN circuits and protocols (Ethernet, MPLS).
- Dynamic IP Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP).
- Expertise in AS connectivity (eBGP, MPLS)
- Minimum CCNP Service Provider accreditation or equivalent
- Excellent HLD/LLD design documentation skills
- Knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning applications and techniques
- Fortinet Security Portfolio inc. UTM, Forti Manager, Analyser
- Extensive expertise with general firewall configuration and support, including IPsec VPN configuration and troubleshooting
- Strong experience in network traffic monitoring, analysis, packet capture, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of ITIL methodology in Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Experience in the configuration of Network, Services and Profiles associated with SD-WAN services and customer solution deployments
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter by clicking 'Apply'.
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access on our website.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process...... click apply for full job details