Senior Mobile Developer
More photos have been taken this decade than in the rest of history! Rapid advances in mobile technology mean that over a trillion pictures are captured each year. Our client helps the photo industry stay ahead of the game.
They are looking for talented engineers to work with them to build solutions for some of the world's biggest brands, and millions of their customers. Over the last 12 years, they've grown a diverse client base that ranges from individual store owners, through high street chains to massive global corporations. Although they're based in the UK, their core clients are also located in Ireland and North America.
Why you should join them
- They love developing technology, utilizing Open Source projects
- They have an open, honest and transparent culture
- They empower people to make decisions with impact
- They are open to change in our processes, techniques and skills
- They have a smart, motivated and supportive team
- They value learning, agility and feedback
Their team finds creative and innovative ways to solve complex problems for their clients. They keep development cycles fast, adapting as they learn, and investing in a culture of discovery and continual feedback.
The company is looking for individuals committed to learning more of their trade and supporting each other's growth in the process. They still have a startup culture of openness to ideas and opportunities for talent to be put to good use, plus a market-tested and profitable product line. (The best of both worlds!)
You will join around 80 other staff, based in comfortable, freshly renovated offices located in a conservation area in Hampshire. Trains to Chichester, Southampton, Brighton and London are a 5-minute walk away, and they are also a 15 minute walk to the sea. They've got all the usual suspects; drinks and snacks provided, breakout areas, a games room and free on-site employee parking. And plenty of the more unusual suspects; a sizable garden, a plethora of musical instruments, modern kitchens, a host of the latest gadgets, opportunities for sporting enthusiasts, hackathons and much more.
To make a long story short, they've created a place where they love working, and they think you will too. What you'll be doing
You should apply if
- In conjunction with their business team, discussing feature requests with their clients
- Creating and developing new mobile ideas and products
- Leading a small team of Mobile Developers
It's a bonus if you have
- You have commercial experience creating and managing mobile applications
- You are passionate about mobile technologies
- You enjoy using your expertise to solve problems and improve code quality
- Experience using or willingness to learn React and React Native
- Experience in IOS and/or Android programming and using Xcode and/or Android Studio
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Leadership experience or desire for it
- Experience with other mobile or web technologies
- A salary that matches your skills and experience
- 33 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising by a day each year to 36 days after 3 years' service
- A bonus scheme to reward your contribution to the success of the company
- 4% contributions towards the NEST pension scheme
- Membership of a Health and Wellbeing support scheme (& Medical Insurance for senior employees)
- Childcare Vouchers and membership of a Ride2Work scheme (discounted bicycles)
- A healthy social calendar
- Learning and development opportunities, both internally and externally
Applications should consist of a one page covering letter explaining how you fulfil the role above and describing an interesting technical project or problem that you've worked on recently. Please send this with your full CV and a link to a GitHub account in the form of attachments ONLY.