Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Jacobs Digital exists alongside this extensive portfolio of projects working with major clients across all sectors. Digital is responsible for incubating, building and running new products and solutions for our customers - meaning you are joining a team of fast moving problem solvers working on varied and interesting challenges. Our products range from established software to nascent ideas sparking in to life; leveraging Lean Startup to rapidly invest and incubate new products.
About the opportunity
As a Senior Mobile Application Developer, you're an expert who will drive new product development in mobile. Working closely with the team, you will understand technical requirements to propose and deliver a roadmap in one of our most exciting spaces.
The successful applicant will become part of a respected and hardworking team, providing support to clients and other team members alike. Whilst the role is in the Software Development team the successful candidate will also work closely with the Incubation, Data Science, Sales and Operations teams, gaining good knowledge and experience across a number of different skills. Applicants should be keen, hardworking and have excellent technical skills and background. There are significant advancement and leadership progression opportunities.
- Design and development of new technical solutions for enterprise-level projects
- Developing, maintaining and supporting our existing SaaS applications
- Supporting and mentoring junior team members
- Working with the wider business to draw out opportunities and generate new ideas
Wherever you are based, we understand that pursuing a new opportunity is a big decision, so we're not asking for a commitment right now. Instead, why not simply register to start a discussion and see where it goes?
Achieve more with a global brand!
Over the coming months, we will have upcoming specialist positions for you to consider. We are specifically looking to speak to professionals who have the following skillsets;
- Passionate about mobile
- Experience with mobile app development (iOS & Android). Including technical design, mobile application architectures, design patterns, UI/UX and app store submission requirements.
- Experience of proven Mobile App development experience using Xamarin (certification a plus)
- Professional experience with ASP.NET / C# / Web Services
- Advanced practical Xamarin Native (Xamarin Forms) / JSON / App Design
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt to new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Exemplary focus, ambition and attention to detail
- Analytical mind who can bring clarity to difficult situations
- Have initiative and the ability to work autonomously
- Experience with other mobile development languages (Swift, Objective-C, Java)
- Other technologies (IIS, VB.NET, PostgreSQL, REST APIs)
- Advanced experience of T-SQL / SQL Server
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies and Digital practices such as Lean Startup
- Relevant sector experience
- Cloud services (Google, AWS, Azure)
- GIS technologies (Geoserver, PostGIS, Openlayers, ESRI)
We're invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what's possible. There's something that drives everyone - and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all...... click apply for full job details