Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than 200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publix s Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers.
- Design, develop, test and maintain features within our Publix mobile app, which empowers our customers to plan, shop, and save at home and in-store.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Work closely with our technology partners and leads to deliver new and enhanced features in a timely, cost-effective manner through integration with various web services and SDKs, both in-house and third-party.
- Provide feedback and guidance to the User Experience (UX) team to help create interface designs that are technically feasible and consistent with current app architecture and implementation.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and reliability.
- Provide feedback and guidance to the Product Analytics team to ensure the appropriate metrics can be captured and reported, then subsequently used to improve overall app UX and to achieve defined business objectives.
- Participate in all Agile/Scrum Sprint ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, Sprint Refinement, Daily Scrum meetings, and Sprint Retros.
- Support ongoing Publix mobile app releases ensuring a fast-performing, first-class user experience, including WCAG 2.1 compliance for customers with disabilities.
- Strive for consistent bug fixes, performance enhancements, and crash mitigations.
- Ability to work and assist guiding other developers on the team while maintaining development commitments.
- Bachelor s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or other analytical disciplines or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience analyzing business problems and translating business requirements into mobile application solutions considering such factors as system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing native mobile iOS applications using Swift, Objective-C, and Xcode languages and toolsets.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience architecting, designing, maintaining and developing large commerce enterprise applications.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience analyzing business problems and translating business requirements into mobile application solutions for system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership.
- Strong understanding of the best practices of app design and supporting iPhone layouts via Storyboards and Auto Layout.
- Strong understanding of Apple s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Strong understanding of Build Configurations and Xcode Schemes.
- Strong familiarity with architecture and design patterns, including but not limited to Reactive Programming, Dependency Injection, Singleton pattern, MVC, MVVM, and MVP.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Experience with dependency management through technologies such as Swift Package Manager, Git Submodules, Carthage, and Cocoapods.
- Strong understanding of version control systems such as Git.
- Experience with production distribution (i.e. certificates, provisioning profiles).
- Experience with version control in a team environment and a strong knowledge of Git.
- Experience submitting mobile applications to Apple App Store for public release.
- Experience debugging performance, memory, storage, and layout issues using tools such as Instruments and Xcode.
- Familiarity with RESTful API interfaces and contracts.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
401(k) retirement savings plan
Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
Group dental plan
Group vision plan
Long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
Paycheck direct deposit
Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager s approval: New Year s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
- provided by Dice