Senior Manager of Mobile Development
The Senior Manager is responsible for strategy and operations of owned technology products and all engineering resources. He/she works closely with the Product Management teams. The Senior Manager is expected to create a work environment that enables their engineering resources to work in a self-directed manner. The Senior Manager and his/her management team are expected to remove barriers for their team, focus on coaching and development of staff, and provide strategic thought leadership in software engineering practices, security of digital assets, and technology-driven strategies for mobility.
The Consumer Technology organization focuses significantly on innovation as consumers expect experiences in other industries to translate into their insurance experience. The organization also focuses on utilizing modern engineering practices/tools that enable rapid delivery of products to market.
The candidate should have hands-on experience in native mobile development, modern engineering practices (CI/CD), managing client relationships, a product-based mindset and Agile delivery. In addition to the requisite experience, the optimal candidate demonstrates thought leadership in the domain space (consumer engagement, customer digital experience) and a proven track record of coaching and developing leaders who already demonstrate strong leadership competence and experience
- Provide thought leadership to the broader enterprise on mobility solutions & engineering
- Lead product engineering ensuring a seamless experience for customers
- Change Agent - advancing strategic initiatives, including execution of the HPIs, leveraging our Leadership Principals and 2.0 Values, while leading this journey with both our organization and our partners
- Engage with business leaders, application development teams, vendors and product managers to develop and launch solutions that are structured for stability, reuse and optimal customer experience.
- Provide technical thought leadership and vision.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers in the development of themselves and their teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve the approaches/processes in the engineering of owned products.
- Provide leadership in areas such as financial management, Human Resource management, vendor contract negotiations, engineering best practices, and other duties as required.
- A role model for inclusive behaviors across all levels of employees while creating an environment of openness and innovation
- 10+ years of leadership experience in the IT industry with a focus on application development
- Leading leaders; to include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
- Experience leading medium to large scale high performance teams that deliver highly complex functionality.
- Start-up experience of bringing a new, untraditional product to market.
- Global workforce management; embrace working with a global workforce and inspire and develop team members regardless of location
The successful candidate will be a change leader.
This individual must also have the following personal and professional attributes which are consistent with the Company's stated values:
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement;
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals;
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas;
- Strive for effective communication that results in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas;
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals;
- Ensure the development of a diverse pool of talent to meet current and future organizational needs;
- Create an environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively;
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character;
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations;
- Pursue lifelong learning and personal development.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in MIS, Business Administration, Computer Science or Electronics and Electrical engineering.
- Certification in high tech areas or certification in the business domain of P&C Insurance industry would be a plus.