Attention IT professionals. Do you want to join a small team developing and supporting eCommerce and point of sale apps from a South Orange County environment? We are Convergence.net and we need to immediately expand our technical team to support our sales growth and vision.
We provide our Cloud-based Platform to over a hundred attractions, parks and events across the country to sell their tickets, registrations, memberships, retail and food and beverage products. With our 'Software as a Service' business model, managing our production server environment is critical to our success.
Our IT team designs and manages our secure, high availability production environment which spans multiple data centers and we're always looking to improve our systems and processes. You'll work closely with the IT team to implement changes to support our rapidly growing business requirements.
We have an immediate opening in our headquarters in Aliso Viejo, CA for a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer (Windows Server, Datacenter) to add to our IT team.
We are looking for candidates that already have experience administering production environments servers and have a strong knowledge of IT system administration.
We are a Microsoft shop - no other experience is relevant for qualification for this position. We are especially looking for candidates with experience in MS SQL Server Always On availability groups and Azure infrastructure configurations and monitoring. Please note we have a 24/7 eCommerce environment, so the applicant needs to be effective in time-critical environments and must be available to handle off-hour issues, and to participate in mandatory off-hour on-call rotations.Responsibilities:
- Maintain, configure, troubleshoot, install and upgrade servers and networking equipment
- Monitor production infrastructure, troubleshoot issues and document resolutions
- Perform regular audits of systems and configurations to ensure stability and security
- Identify areas of improvement or optimization for systems and network management
- Handle escalation of hardware or network issues from staff or clients
- Participate in mandatory on-call rotation for production support
- 5+ years of experience administering Windows Servers, including IIS and/or SQL Server in a production environment
- Extensive knowledge of networking including firewalls and load-balancing
- Experience with Domain Administration and Active Directory
- Experience with HyperV or related virtualization technology
- Experience with Azure or other cloud providers
- Experience with PowerShell and scripting
- Knowledge of SANs, NAS, or related storage platforms
- Understanding of HA architecture and Disaster Recovery
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn.
- Clear thinking and good judgment, even during stressful periods.
- Extreme dependability.
- Applicant must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Desired Skills:
- Experience with Point of Sale hardware (systems, credit card devices, printers)
- Experience with PCI (Payment Card Industry) requirements
- Experience with Windows Failover Clustering
- Experience with SQL High Availability
- Understanding of .NET and web applications
This is a full-time position and is not intended for contractors. Applications submitted by recruiters will not be considered.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off