This is a mobile software development position focused on mobile application development as part of a greater service offering. A mobile developer will help design, develop, and maintain the software products offered by HealthStream in accordance with technology best practices and product offerings as well as work with developers to understand and refine requirements and software architecture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES - (The below listed duties are not all inclusive. This position must also perform other duties as assigned.):
* Develop, deploy and maintain platform-wide mobile applications
* Support development for new mobile platform features and experiences
* Provide technical assistance for customer support requests
* Work closely with the design team to ensure brand alignment across mobile applications
* Consistently improve application testing and quality assurance processes
* Collaborate with other engineering teams (API, operations, etc.) to ensure specifications and patterns fluidly integrate with mobile applications
* Codes, debugs, documents, deploys and maintains new software programs in a highly efficient and effective manner.
* Maintains and modifies existing applications.
* Fixed defects found in testing.
* May work with and modify packaged applications.
* May build and/or use components.
* Participates in problem analysis and system design as requested.
* In the absence of an application architect or on projects that are less complex, gathers customer requirements and specifies functionality.
* Participates in the cost and time estimation process of projects.
* Mentors other developers.
1. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* 4 year degree and/or combination of 5-8+ years experience shipping production-ready, native iOS applications
* Experience with modern mobile application libraries and dependency management systems
* Extensive experience working with RESTful APIs and third-party services
* Experience working closely with UX and design teams to deliver highly usable and flexible interfaces
* Experience building applications for a variety of devices and environments
* Extensive experience with Swift
* In-depth understanding of supporting a wide variety of native components, network conditions, device APIs, differeing storage solutions and legacy application versions
* Demonstrated efficiency within a fast-paced and autonomous product development environment
* Experience with SCRUM preferred.
2. SKILLS REQUIRED (manual, verbal or mental manipulation of data or things):
* Must have strong logic skills, be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and demonstrate well-developed problem solving skills.
* Must demonstrate excellent time-management, prioritization, attention to detail and organization skills.
* Highly self organized
* Deep Swift and/or Kotlin development skills
* Exceptional ability to troubleshoot and address issues/bugs/defects
3. ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
* Proficiency in leading UX and/or UI exercises
* Experience working with third party and open source SDKs
* Experience with frontend and/or backend development
* Working experience within a fast paced development environment
* Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, and as part of a team.
* Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other team members.
* Establishes high level of trust and credibility internally with team members
* Works within a multi-disciplinary, matrixed team environment with respect towards others and laser focus on successfully meeting organizational and team goals
* Appropriately collaborates with cross-functional team members without formal authority or management control
* Resolves conflict to meet needs of organization and/or customer, while retaining or improving relationships with those involved
* Displays critical thinking ability, examining and considering multiple perspectives in decision-making
* Possesses strong interpersonal skills, including listening skills and a striving to understand before being understood
* Responds to setbacks and roadblocks with positive attitude and appropriate redirection of activity
* Experience working within legacy code environments
* Experience refactoring and improving aspects and functionality of applications
* Plans and executes own activities with generally-defined goals and minimal supervision
HealthStream is an equal opportunity employer. HealthStream prohibits employment practices that discriminate against individual employees or groups of employees on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state and/or federal law