Senior Infrastructure Manager
£40,000 + 30 days holidays
7 % Bonus
Your new company
Change Recruitment are partnered with their well-established customer service outsourcing client in Sunderland.
They have been a market leading provider of outsourced contact center services and software solutions for several the world's most successful brands for over 20 years. And now we are looking to add a talented Senior Infrastructure Manager to their team in what is a great opportunity to join a highly collaborative team & organization.
Day to day you will
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing server infrastructure
- Proactively manage and maintain server environment including RDS, SAN and Applications
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix and VMware technologies
- Assist with the development and implementation of project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecoms and software vendor evaluation, recommendation, and negotiations
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new server technologies
- Develop the server support team into a unified cross location function
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to succeed
· Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
· Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2012/2016/2019) /desktop Operating Systems (Win 7/10)
· Managing more than large (100+ Physical/Virtual) Windows Server infrastructure
· Managing deployments/rollouts
· Managing large scale Citrix/2X/Terminal Server installations
· Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft Hyper-V/Virtual Server
· A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
· Group Policy design and configuration
· Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
· Migration of Exchange 2010 to 365
· Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
· Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
· Knowledge of LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q trunks
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or contact Matt Kelly using
If these jobs aren't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within IT Development/Design, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.