Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Exciting and complex defence customer site!
Salary: up to £45,000 + 25 days annual leave + 3% Flex Fund + Life Assurance + Pension
IMPORTANT NOTE: To be considered for this role you must have experience of End user / End Client support from Hardware through to Software delivery, and virtualised estate support.
Bring your Microsoft SCCM Administration and Infrastructure passion and expertise to us and in return we'll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities. Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T!
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria's Aerospace, Defence and Security (ADS) business unit designs, develops and deploys digital solutions that bring clients enduring business value across the UK's public and private sectors. In ADS we foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported, delivering exceptional rates of customer satisfaction in the UK's most complex safety- and security-critical markets
The day job
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Systems Integration Engineer to providing third-line support to site teams and projects on this established Sopra Steria defence account. You will cover both hardware and software support on a large and challenging secure site, as well as providing integration reports on new software and hardware entering the estate, and package and distribute software components to the Enterprise using Microsoft SCCM.
This is one of our most prestigious defence secure customer sites, you will make a real difference.
- Administrate with Microsoft SCCM to an advanced, professional level
- Administration of support queues - Incident and workload management Progress incidents and problems to their conclusion
- Report anomalies and escalate issues to Team Leader
- Provide third-line support to site teams and projects
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining processes and procedures
- Suggest improvements and innovations (CSI&I) that could assist introduce efficiencies into the environment
- Work with business and security frameworks (ITIL, JSP, IMM
Key Skills and Experience required
- Experience of End user / End Client support from Hardware through to Software delivery, and virtualised estate support
- Microsoft SCCM Administration - Software distribution, OS deployment and monthly Patches
- Third-line experience within a customer - client side - support environment, and an appreciation of the impact of problems on the customer business.
- Documentation Skills, with the ability to produce documents for use by an end user, as well as operational procedure documentation for use by service desk personnel.
- Extensive experience in Infrastructure Management
- Software integration and compatibility testing, as well as operation build and modelling knoweldge
- Able to effectively troubleshoot application packages
- Accreditation to technical level or equivalent essential (ex: MCSE) and accreditation in another technology area preferred
- Application sequencing
- Scripting - PowerShell, VBS etc.
- Citrix Application virtualisation - APP-V
- MED-V Endpoint device control
- Secure remote access
- ITIL v3
SC Clearance is required for this role, all applicants must hold or be eligible to obtain SC
Reasons why you should apply to us
- We're big - really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you'll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about
- We have an enviable client list - we work with some of the biggest names out there
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application...... click apply for full job details