Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud, Azure, DevOps, Puppet)
A leading business in the local government space are looking to hire a Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud, Azure, DevOps, Puppet) who will be responsible for leading and providing daily support and management of the hosting, cloud and end-user IT infrastructure, ensuring that it remains safe, secure and robust. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud, Azure, DevOps, Puppet) will provide effective project delivery and management of the technical infrastructure whilst promoting a positive image of the ICT department. This is a fantastic opportunity to build on your DevOps experience on substantial projects!
Responsibilities for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud, Azure, DevOps, Puppet)
- Technical administration, configuration and planning of operational systems, including Operating Systems, Active Directory, Exchange/O365, Laptop/Desktop OS Builds, Patching, Backups, File & Print environments and associated security systems
- Deliver effective solution designs and manage/support their implementation (for relevant areas of responsibility)
- Design/input/support delivery of an infrastructure to ensure compliance with relevant bodies
- Ensure effective service delivery through close working with the IT Service Desk to manage escalations from 2/3rd line and to directly support the business as required
- Complete operational tasks such as data management, incident logging, reporting, systems monitoring, systems testing, disaster recovery and general management of backups, alerting and Scripting of manual tasks
Requirements for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud, Azure, DevOps, Puppet)
- Experience across the primary Infrastructure towers:
- Network - ideally gained in a CISCO environment, exposure to Cisco ACI, ISE tools would be beneficial.
- End User - ideally gained in a Microsoft environment. Good understanding of AD, Intune, and O365 would be beneficial
- Storage & Compute - Ideally gained in a VMware environment. Exposure to UCS, VSphere would be beneficial
- Demonstrable experience of implementing and maintaining high impact, secure enterprise-class networks
- Proven ability to work in a cloud based and on-premise hosting environment
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- DevOps experience is very desirable (Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
To apply for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud, Azure, DevOps, Puppet) please press the apply button.