Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Leeds / UK Remote
Salary: up to £34,000 + benefits
Set up by the Department of Health in a unique partnership with technology experts Sopra Steria, NHS Shared Business Services (NHS SBS) provide essential corporate back office services to other NHS organisations.
NHS SBS is the market leader in corporate services with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement, and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager, the Infrastructure Engineer will provide support for NHS SBS' core IT infrastructure, both cloud and on premise. The IT Infrastructure team is responsible for the PC, server and network infrastructure across all NHS SBS locations.
As part of the Infrastructure Services organisation, the Infrastructure Engineer will also be involved in implementation and upgrade projects as part of our wider technology roadmap.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for the NHS SBS infrastructure, on premise and cloud based
- Liaise with third party support teams regarding assigned issues, and escalate where necessary
- To work on infrastructure enhancement requests and changes required as assigned.
- Monitor system/ network performance and availability
- Follow defined procedures to manage the release of infrastructure change into production, including testing and change control
- Evaluation of hardware and software (within server, network, storage or desktop environments)
- Administration and enhancement of the environment and its supportability, for example: administration of user environment, control of network access integrity, management of data
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience of working within a support environment
- Excellent communication skills - to provide effective communication both within the IT team and externally to users, suppliers and customers
- Experience within a customer support environment and an appreciation of the impact of problems on the customer business
- Familiarity with use of IT Service Management tools for incident management eg: ServiceNow/ TOPdesk etc.
- Knowledge of Windows Server operating systems (2012, 2016, 2019) and Active Directory
- Networking - familiarity with TCP/IP networking - DNS, DHCP, wireless LAN, LAN switches, and firewalls
- Experience of Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience (2010 onward and Office 365)
- Creation of user and technical documentation, and standard operating procedures
- Experience of working with third party vendors
- Hyper-V virtualisation
- Microsoft SCCM/ ECM knowledge
- Azure cloud fundamentals/ IaaS experience
- PowerShell scripting
- NetApp storage
- Cisco switches and wireless
- CheckPoint firewalls - VSX and CloudGuard
- ForcePoint web proxy
- Solarwinds Orion monitoring
- ITIL awareness/ qualification
- Awareness of NHS IT systems & initiatives (HSCN/ Internet First)
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY TO US
- ?We are big - really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training; you will join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about.
- We have an enviable client list - we work with some of the biggest names out there.
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count.
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo.
- Sustainability is important to us; in fact, we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions.
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application...... click apply for full job details