Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Birmingham City University
Faculty: Information Technology
School: Information Technology
Full Time, Fixed term - 3 years
Location: City Centre campus
Salary: £35,014 to £38,059 per annum (20% Market Supplement)
Ref No: 072020-267
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company's computer networks. Your primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, Including performing business continuity operations, replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary.
You will also be working closely with the users of our network to identify potential issues and resolve existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Advise on Wi-Fi design and be responsible for the implementation of the Wi-Fi solution.
- Design and implement vlans and associated trunking systems to serve the building networked services
For more information about the role, please contact Ian Waterhouse at .uk
Closing Date: 15/09/2020
Interview Date: TBC
LINK TO ADVERT -