Are you looking to be part of a team creating something new? In a business where you, your skills and your experience will be really recognised? With colleagues you can value and trust?
We can provide you with all of that and more in our Customer Experience Practice, where you will be instrumental in its continued evolution and success. There's no doubt this role is a challenge, so you'll need to be up for working in an ever changing environment and will be excited by venturing to sometimes uncharted areas.
In return you'll benefit by getting exposure to a wide range of tools, and Cloud transformation technologies. With AWS Partner Status ECS believe that continual development is key to our success. You'll get the opportunity to learn new technology that you can then put into practice, and become certified on various Cloud (and related) technologies.
As one of our ECS Senior Infrastructure Engineers you'll be integral to our client facing delivery teams, working with clients to design and build their technology enabled cloud Contact Centre solution.
About the role
- Providing technical thought leadership on client engagements as well as helping build out the practice engineering function to enable the organisation to scale.
- Hands on in projects, taking a lead in the design and development of Cloud IaC/AWS solutions as well as providing technical guidance and validation to the wider team.
- Actively contributing to build and development team activities and solutions
- Providing recommendations and thought into working to ensure optimum efficiency and continuous improvement
- Responsibility for stakeholder management, building client relationships and identifying new opportunities.
- Growing and mentoring those that you work with. People come first and it's important to foster the long term progression of the team.
- Involved as part of the hiring process to ensure the team scales to match business growth and demand.
- A good working technical knowledge of AWS/Cloud IaaS, PaaS, SaaS implementation
- A passion for Cloud deployment solutions, automation and DevOps tooling
- Experience in building up and mentoring teams
- Being part of implementing end to end delivery life cycles
- Hungry to learn, out of the box thinker
- A client focused, 'can-do' attitude
- Feeling comfortable to work with new clients
- Ideally passionate for speaking at conference and meetups
- Cloud - AWS, Azure, GCP, ElasticSearch Logstash Kibana and some Splunk, CloudWatch, IAM etc
- Infrastructure as Code - CloudFormation, HashiStack (Terraform, Vault, Consul ..), etc...
- WebServices - DynamoDB/Athena/S3/Kinesis/Lambda
- CI/CD tooling experience - Jenkins, TeamCity, Automic, Octopus Deploy etc.
- Containers - Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere etc...
- Configuration Management - Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc
- Monitoring - ELK, Prometheus, Splunk etc
- Experience in one of the following Scripting language: Python, Golang, Java, Bash, Powershell, etc.
- Experience working with Linux and/or Windows systems
ECS has over 850 employees and Associates, and is headquartered in Glasgow, with offices in Edinburgh, Manchester, London and Pune.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
Please note our fraud prevention process relating to all job applications. Fraud prevention databases have been established for the purpose of allowing employers to share data on their employment fraud cases. Should any investigation identify fraud or the commission or any other offence by you when applying or during your engagement with ECS, we will record the details of this on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies, other employers and potential employers to prevent fraud.