Salary: up to £42,000 per annum
Here at Serco we are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team in Hertford as part of our Local Government Partnership with Hertfordshire County Council. Under this local government partnership, Serco is responsible for delivering a range of front and back office operations. This includes information, communications and technology services, finance, payroll, HR and support services such as facilities management, customer contact centres and social care.
A key and focal role with the Infrastructure Team you will be responsible for providing operational and infrastructure support for several core business critical system. This will include troubleshooting, managing service changes/upgrades, working with business users and third-party suppliers to ensure smooth transition into the productive environments. Other key duties will include;
- Identifying and managing risks/issues; identify and interpret trends; oversee/carry out patches/changes/upgrades; monitor & review implementations to ensure their effectiveness;
- Review service desk issues to identify potential operational weaknesses, undertake investigations and propose options for improvement;
- Provide high level technical advice and guidance to managers, evaluating infrastructure or application development proposals from a technical perspective, raising issues for consideration and providing consultation;
- Responsible for Capacity Management, backups, availability of key infrastructure, patching of servers across a server estate of 700+; responsible for design, build, patching and software deployments to a workstation estate of 14,000+;
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager the role offers long term potential for growth and you will be supported with ongoing development and training. You will also be working with a team that has an agile working ethos and who are all hugely committed to both the commercial capability of the customer.
What you need to do the job
We are looking for someone who has broad infrastructure experience working in an outsourced environment and ideally within local government. You should be an SME in 2 of more of the following disciplines: Active Directory ; Backups (Comvault/SCDPM) ; NetApp SAN ONTAP 9.3 ; Microsoft Identity Manager; Windows Server ; Office365 / Azure ; Microsoft Certificate Services; KMS; DFS; DNS; ADFS; PowerShell Scripting.
We are also keen to hear from those who have comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Exchange Administration; Hyper-V; SQL; SCOM; SCORCH; Group Policies and working knowledge of SCCM/MECM and Windows 10
Naturally confident, you will be able to liaise successfully with all stakeholders and have the gravitas to build solid relationships to leverage supplier capability. It is important that you can get the best out of practices and processes and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Meaningful and vital work: We understand the importance of local services for Citizens.
A world of opportunity: Our Local Government Partnerships is always developing, and as part of the Infrastructure Team at Hertford you'll be able to contribute to and be a part of this.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Salary up to £42,000 per annum;
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme;
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships;
- We offer flexible/agile working environments and the chance to buy annual leave as part of the Annual Leave Purchase Scheme;
- The chance to make a positive difference to the citizens of Hertfordshire
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
We have a mandate to deliver brilliantly. If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on . Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
*Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website*