Senior Infrastructure Architect
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
Better together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking for good people who share our passion.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment hair follicle drug screening.
* Gather and understand the customer's requirements and project scope, identify the required network infrastructure capabilities and specify the technical requirements for a solution.
* Ensure network infrastructure designs meet or exceed the non-functional requirements (performance, data loss, high availability, disaster recovery and recovery time) so the specified service levels can be achieved.
* Manage the network architecture design review for all components supporting custom-built and COTS applications.
* Develop network architecture, standards and strategy for data centers, data rooms and data cabinets.
* Maintain and present an annual infrastructure technology refresh plan.
* Maintain and present an IT capacity management practice and infrastructure capacity plan.
* Ensure projects are scoped and initiated to deliver approved roadmap capabilities and lifecycle activities.
* Raise awareness to designs that may violate approved reference architectures, standards or industry best practices.
* Provide technical assistance to the infrastructure teams.
* Work with the infrastructure teams to deliver solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
* Participate in problem determination, resolution and root cause identification of Priority 1 and Priority 2 system outages and performance issues.
* Bachelor's degree. Master's degree a plus.
* 15+ years IT infrastructure experience.
* 10+ years' experience in large enterprise networks with a recent focus on SD-WAN, network security, DNS and DHCP.
* Strong knowledge and experience with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and Digital Network Architecture (DNA) preferred.
* 5+ years experience leading technical teams within IT.
* Experience with configuration management tools and Avaya Call Management Systems a plus.
* ITIL Foundation certification a plus.
* Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
* 401(k) with 5% employer match.
* Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
* Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
* Scholarship program for children of employees.
* On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
* First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
* Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
* Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
* Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service, our 800+ page catalog of over 38,500 quality products and same-day shipping of our huge in-stock inventory. With over 8,000 employees across 12 locations, it's time you joined Uline.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.