Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members do better. Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; its about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Enterprise Data Developer/Engineer (Big Data) at our McLean , Virginia location. The primary purpose of this role is to help develop and deploy advanced Analytics and AI based solutions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Design and Develop scalable data pipelines across Transactional and Analytics platforms established in the Hybrid (on-premise & cloud) environment.
- Partner with other competency leads/developers, Data scientists, Data Analysts, Data stewards and support project planning, technical design, development, and solution deployment functions.
- Partner with the Enterprise Architecture functions to adopt established technology standards integration patterns.
- Architect optimal design of DataLake/ Datawarehouse environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Supports Analytics by providing right data with right quality at the right time by leveraging the PenFed Next generation Data & Analytics platforms.
- Ensure Data Architecture and Data governance principles well adopted in the developed solutions.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems. Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Lead, mentor, and develop development resources and provide project related directions
- Acting in a technical SME role, support development, QA, and production support teams in SDLC and operational activities
- Identify opportunities in business processes, system capabilities, and delivery methodologies for continuous improvement, as applicable
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in the fields of Database & Data warehousing
- Minimum of seven (7) years of work experience on the Hadoop (Cloudera) based Data Lake solutions.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience on cloud-native and cloud-agnostic Data Lake/Data warehousing solutions preferably AWS S3, AWS Redshift, AWS Presto, Snowflake.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Data Ingestion/processing experience using Python, Scala, Pyspark, Spark and Kafka.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience on AWS Glue/ AWS Data Pipeline/ Snowpipe.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience on Data flow tools such as Apache Airflow.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience on Machine Learning algorithms & Frameworks (MLLib, TensorFlow)
- Proficient in Agile based delivery approach.
- Work experience on SSIS & Java is a plus.
- Prior experience leading ETL work, Data warehouse/Data Lake development a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and positive attitude.
- Must have strong communication skills.
This position will not supervise staff.
Licenses and Certification
- AWS Solution Architect Associate/ Big Data Specialty certification is preferred.
- Snowflake certification is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the countrys strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at .