NVIDIA is hiring senior distributed systems engineer for internal Solutions team to work on our AI infrastructure and deep learning platform. Our team works closely with Autonomous Vehicle (AV) teams and addresses AI, data-processing and visualization demands based on feedback from AV developers.
Together, we will help advance NVIDIA's capacity to build and deploy leading solutions for a broad range of AI based applications such as autonomous driving, robotics, healthcare, virtual reality, graphics engines and visual computing.What you will be doing:
What we need to see:
- Spend the majority of the time hands-on writing code and peer reviewing high performance, high quality, and well tested and well architected code.
- Be embedded in Autonomous Vehicle teams, deeply understand AV needs on technical level, and then design and build scalable distributed systems, compute and data pipelines, and web applications that help index, mine, transform, analyze, develop, and debug deep learning datasets and applications.
- Architect and craft solutions for our development and debugging platform using real and synthetic / simulated datasets for autonomous driving.
- Enable deep insights and end-to-end traceability into autonomous vehicle development, triage, debug, and performance metrics.
- Deliver rapid iterations of software based on user feedback and metrics.
- Analyze complex technical issues and build, develop, and deploy reusable, generalized, and customized solutions that integrate our AI platform.
- Regularly engage with customers directly to provide technical support and productize AI and DRIVE platforms. Document requirements, designs, and solutions, organize training sessions, demonstrate new technologies, and drive adoption across teams working on autonomous driving.
- Showcase your creativity and technical excellence to realize the future of self-driving cars!
Ways to standout from the crowd:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Architecture, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years of proven experience in designing and developing production level and enterprise scale software that includes distributed backend systems and web application development.
- A specialist programmer in either C/C++, Go, Python, Scala or equivalent.
- Breadth of knowledge: understanding of Linux internals (block storage, network stack and protocols, ability to triage and debug performance issues), understanding of containerization/Docker and modern web technologies.
- Proven experience deploying, upgrading, migrating, and driving user adoption of sophisticated enterprise scale systems.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- You possess advanced programming skills to build debug distributed storage and compute systems, backend services, microservices, and web technologies.
- Strong programming background that incorporates methodologies like data structures, design patterns, functional programming, OOP, and test driven development.
- Well versed in agile methodology.
- Comfortable with a customer focused and fast paced environment that includes dealing with ambiguity.
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills, you have the ability to work successfully with multi-functional teams, principles and architects and coordinate effectively across organizational boundaries and geographies.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of functional programming techniques (reducing dependence on the state, pure functions, composition) and languages (Scala, Agda, Idris, Haskell), and willingness to apply state-of-the-art techniques to codebases while using mainstream languages (C++/Python/Go/TypeScript).
- Experience with full stack web based visualization technologies to help provide data insights. Familiarity with TypeScript, Angular, React.
- Background with Python SDKs, Python packaging, cross language bindings (C++/Python) and/or the Bazel build system.
- Experience with autonomous vehicles' domain, standards, and processes.
- Background with structured data such as Avro, Parquet, Protobuf, Thrift, and concepts like schema evolution.
- A go getter attitude to dive deeper and understand technical requirements.
With highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology industry's most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and hardworking people in the world working with us and our engineering teams are growing fast in some of the hottest and transformative fields: Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Autonomous Vehicles. If you're a creative computer scientist/engineer with a real passion for distributed systems and autonomous driving, we want to hear from you.
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires that NVIDIA provide the compensation range and benefits offered for this position if performed in Colorado. The base salary range for this position in Colorado is $126,,250.00 USD.NVIDIA also offers a comprehensive benefits package. We provide health care coverage, dental and vision, 401(K), including company matching and after tax contributions, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), company paid holidays, paid sick leave, vacation leave, professional time off, life and disability protection. Employees in eligible sales and positions may also be eligible for commission.
Base pay is based on market location and may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, and other job-related reasons.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.