The Sr. Director, IT Infrastructure is a high-level management position focusing on the architecture, engineering, and operation of all IT infrastructure including but not limited to voice and data networks, on-premise and cloud based application platforms, and incident management across the global enterprise. The Senior Director is responsible for bridging the tactical and strategic objectives of the organization with the daily IT activities.
In addition to the architecture, engineering, and operation of all technology platforms and infrastructure, Senior Director, IT Infrastructure is responsible for establishing and executing IT Service Management (ITSM) and Enterprise Architecture best practices. The Senior Director, IT Infrastructure directly supervises the leaders for network, systems engineering, IT operations, platform engineering/ops and sets their goals, evaluates their performance and ensuring results. The Senior Director must also effectively interface with leadership throughout and form tight working relationships. This role is key to the overall success of the company.
The Senior Director, IT Infrastructure is also responsible for managing the purchasing of new IT systems and managing relationships with outside vendors that sell IT products and services. This includes evaluating the needs of new hardware and software systems, determining possible solutions, verifying solutions meet our needs and assisting in the purchase of those solutions. The Senior Director then manages the implementation and support of those systems. The Senior Director must work with other leaders to resolve issues and problems that arise in the field.
Finally, the Senior Director, IT Infrastructure helps the CIO/CDO set the long-term strategic direction for the IT needs of the company. Together they take the strategic direction and formulate policies and procedures that support that direction. The Senior Director is responsible for creating a large portion of the policy and procedure documentation.
- Transition our infrastructure to cloud based infrastructure based on SaaS-first guiding principle
- Establishes a technology roadmap and vision for technology infrastructure
- Drive hosting consolidation and transition to cloud based hosting
- Moving distributed hosting networks to cloud based hosting frameworks
- Continually improves the talent level and competencies of the IT Infrastructure department
- Acquisition integration and due diligence as needed
- Establishing SLAs with technology partners and vendors
- Directs and manages the network, systems, and IT operations teams which provide the core IT services.
- Acts as a mentor to his direct reports
- Creates and reviews monthly reports that are provided to the CIO/CDO
- Works with senior management to develop and facilitate the IT strategy and services for the company.
- Helps to develop long-term plans and sets the tactical direction for the IT infrastructure needs of the company.
- Creates and reviews all policies and procedures for IT infrastructure group as well as any other company policies and procedures that pertain to it.
- Manages the IT operational and CAPEX budgets for the group
- Works closely with the information security team to ensure compliance with all security requirements including HIPAA & SOX regulations as well as the HITRUST framework.
- Manages the IT portion of all audits, both internal and external. Works with Internal Audit to ensure effective compliance testing.
- Helps the organization find, review, purchase and implement new IT systems.
- Manages the vendor relationships with all IT suppliers
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS or other related business field.
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience in information technology.
- A minimum of ten years of prior management experience in information technology with a broad range of experience in various technology areas.
- Experience with global service provider networking
- Extensive experience in storage
- Cloud based infrastructure expertise such as AWS or Azure
- Awareness and understanding of security best practices: NIST, DLP, SOX and SOC compliance
- Experience with vendor management
- Financial acumen in terms of budgeting and expense management
- Proven ability to recruit, retain, and motivate highly skilled technical teams
- Understands technology at a detailed level but can express concepts simply to non-technical colleagues
- Ability to inspire teams to achieve goals and exceed expectations
- Strong technical skills especially in the technologies in use at the company.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively and equally with technical people as well as executives