We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.About This Role
This person will be a critical part of the Controls Hardware Engineering team, whose primary focus is to develop lighting-centric new-to-market products and solutions. These technologies include sensors, antennas, and wireless networks. This person will be responsible for hardware (including antenna) design related to Bluetooth and sub-GHz radio systems as well as core product development from concept to manufacture. This individual is expected to be the subject matter expert in RF design in the group and will lead related projects and interactions with entities inside and outside of Acuity.Key Responsibilities Of The Role
- Develop new lighting controls products from concept to manufacture.
- Simulate control/luminaire device performance and test in Acuity chamber and outside chambers as needed.
- Interfacing with entities inside and outside of Acuity (FCC/IFETEL) on RF technologies.
- Provide technical RF recommendations to the engineering and luminaire teams.
- Develop or specify new antenna designs.
Experience And Knowledge
Preferred Experience And Knowledge
- A minimum 7-10 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- RF and HW design of wireless products
- Experience with antenna design, analysis, tuning, modeling, and testing
- Experience with simulation and modeling tools (Ansys [preferred], Hyperlynx, Sonnet, etc.)
- Experience with schematic capture tools (Altium [preferred], Mentor Graphics, Eagle, etc.)
- Experience with testing tools and equipment: oscilloscopes and network and spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Experience with failure analysis and troubleshooting (oscillation detection and mitigation)
- Experience with FCC, IFETEL testing and certification
- Able to work independently and multitask efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with high speed board layout best practices
- Bluetooth, WiFi and sub GHz antenna design and testing
- Experienced in digital modulation technologies
- Experience leading and managing projects
- Masters degree preferred
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
Please utilize the internal career site to apply if you are a current employee at Acuity Brands.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here and here for more information. Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities:
As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at . Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.