Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
W ith a distinguished heritage tracing back to Bell Labs, Bellcore, and Telcordia, our experts pave the way. Peraton Labs delivers innovative solutions and revolutionary new capabilities to solve the most difficult and complex challenges for government agencies, utilities, and commercial customers. As an applied research organization, our team of scientists, engineers, and analysts conduct pioneering research and product development to shape the future of cybersecurity. Peraton Labs cybersecurity research protects mission-critical systems and national cyber infrastructure through a broad range of initiatives in computer network defense, secure-by-design techniques and cyber operations and experimentation platforms. Your expertise and areas of interest may be applied one or more programs, providing you new opportunities to learn and grow.
Peraton Labs is seeking highly driven and motivated candidates with strong communication and interpersonal skills, capable of working productively in both team and independent environments, to join our Systems and Cyber Security research group as a Full-Time member. Candidates will work on challenging problem sets in Systems and Network Security, and should be adept at identifying, prototyping, and productizing successful solutions to complex problems in a rapid fashion.
Candidates may expect to work in the following technical areas including, but are not limited to:
- Infrastructure management of carrier grade network communication solutions from popular U.S. vendors such as Juniper, Cisco, Fortinet, etc.
- Large-scale commercial telecommunications hardware, software, protocols, standards, and operational procedures
- Monitoring, analysis, and diagnosis of back haul and enterprise IP infrastructure
- Cyber Security research and development
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD. Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Working at customer sites, collaborating with government and contractor workforce, to drive shared mission goals
- Ability and desire to quickly acquire knowledge of new subject matter areas
- Experience in Vulnerability Analysis and Malware Remediation
- Experience with Reverse Engineering tools such as Ghidra, IDA Pro, etc.
- Familiarity with emerging netwotk exploitation tactics and techniques
- Networking and Cyber Research and Development
- Candidates must U.S Citizens with an active TS/SCI clearance including Full Scope Polygraph
- This position will primarily be within customer spaces located in College Park, MD
- Some local travel may be required for off-site meetings
For Colorado Residents: Colorado Salary Minimum: $100,048.00 Colorado Salary Maximum:$213,865.60 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.