ECS is seeking a Senior Architect to work in our Aberdeen, MD office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS is currently seeking a Senior Architect (SA) to join our team. The ideal candidate would be able to architect infrastructure, plan deployments and migrations. This includes the ability to work closely and effectively with customers, partners, manufacturers, vendors, and fellow team members to provide exceptional customer service.
The SA is responsible for evaluating new technologies and methods for performing cyber defense. The SA reviews new products and technologies and works with the cyber defense teams as well as engineering solutions for new environments and problems. The SA is responsible for ensuring new technologies will integrate into current infrastructure and meets mission needs and requirements.
To be successful in this role, the Senior Architect must be a team player as well as an individual contributor. Whether working independently or as part of a team, individuals in this role must be able to successfully complete deliverables and meet or exceed expectations within designated time-frames. Successful candidates will have a strong foundation of technical skills.
- Work with Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) teams to understand mission needs and requirements and shall be familiar with tools and techniques that cyber defenders use to perform their mission in order to better understand how to engineer solutions that will improve the cyber defenders' capabilities.
- Develop cyber defense capabilities for current and new cloud computing technologies.
- Develop new methods of performing defensive cyber operations for Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program approved Cloud Service Providers and develop engineering plans to enable the operational teams to use these methods in their day to day activities.
- Provide Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) leadership with recommendations on how to improve current infrastructure and provide guidance on new technologies and capabilities.
- Conduct research and discovery of vendors to identify COTS products that can be used in support of the SBNAB mission and evaluate those products.
- Provide the operational teams with higher tier support.
- Facilitate system administrators and subscribers to resolve high level issues within the SBNAB infrastructure
- Provide guidance on day to day monitoring and maintenance of the SBNAB infrastructure.
- Participate in working groups and technical exchanges within the DoD and industry in order to share the SBNABs capabilities and techniques.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Master's degree with 8-10 years of experience
- or Bachelor's degree with 10-12 years of experience.
- ?DoD 8570 IAT II Certifications
- Knowledge of cyber operations for Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program approved Cloud Service Providers
- 5+ years' experience managing an enterprise infrastructure and related HW/SW technologies.
- Experience implementing, evaluating, and developing cyber security solutions.
- Experience recommending improvements to current infrastructure and provide guidance on new technologies and capabilities.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.