Senior Cyber Security Analyst / Cyber Security Analyst / SIEM / CISMP / CompTIA / Incident Response / Newport / Permanent
£35K - £38K (Depending on Experience)
COVID Safe Interview Process
I am currently working with a Public sector Organisation based in Newport. This is a role that will be working within an NHS based organisation. This role is for a Senior Cyber Security Analyst working within a great team and with huge potential to grow your career.
Senior Cyber Security Analyst Specification:
· This organisation has a large and complex ICT service that underpins the delivery of digital health care.
· ICT supports around 14,000 users and over 200 services across more than 120 sites.
· The adoption and expectations placed upon digital healthcare are expected to grow substantially over the next 5 years as the health board adopts mobility both in primary and secondary care settings.
· The team will be required to monitor Cyber Security Systems, respond to Cyber Incidents and develop policy, processes and procedures to reduce the likelihood of a Cyber Security incident.
· As a senior member of the Cyber Security Team you will undertake vulnerability scanning, the monitoring of Cyber Security Systems and work with third parties to review compliance with best practice.
· You may be required to deputise for the Cyber Security Team leader where appropriate.
· You will act as an escalation point for Cyber Security incidents and provide specialist advice and knowledge to support the service operations centre as well as developing Cyber Security Training packages for both the team and the organisation.
· With digital becoming a critical dependency in healthcare, availability of services is essential and we must therefore instil a culture of Cyber Security from the ground up.
· You will be required to adhere to the Cyber Security professional code of conduct, and keep up to date with legislation and national policies, as well as assessing security advisories from third parties.
· You may be required, at times, to work outside of standard working hours.
· You could also be expected to join on an out of hours, on-call escalation rota.
· You will be required to adhere to the Cyber Security professional code of conduct, and keep up to date with legislation and national policies, as well as assessing security advisories from third parties. T
· he post holder will undertake other relevant duties as agreed with the ICT Voice Services Team Leader, ICT Network, Cyber Security & Telecoms Manager, and Technical Services Manager commensurate with the banding of this role.
What you will need:
· Educated to Degree level (preferably Cyber Security) or equivalent and a recognised qualification in Cyber Security e.g...... click apply for full job details