Your new role
As a Senior Commercial Manager you will join an integrated project team in delivery of the A428 Black Cat to Caxton Gibbet valued at circa £800m. Your role is to become part of the commercial leadership team within the project, dedicated to deliver a consistent, high quality and value for money approach for all commercial & procurement activities.
Partnering with the Highways England Complex Infrastructure Programme project teams and our technical and delivery partners you will provide an interface on all commercial matters, acting as an integral part of the leadership teams over the lifecycle of the project (currently at final partner development stage). As an industry expert you will lend your expertise by identifying needs, understanding priorities and potential threats to the success of the projects, and defining mitigation in order to better support the delivery.
The role would suit a manager who is naturally able to forge strong, collaborative relationships both within Highways England and with external suppliers and stakeholders. As a Tier 1 project the scheme represents one of Highways England's largest and ambitious projects, with huge complexity and risk. The successful candidate will be motivated to be involved in high profile and complex projects with a wide variety of challenges throughout their lifecycle, driving innovative ways of working through digitalised technologies.
We offer this role from our Bedford office with regular travel to site. It is likely that the project team will move to site by quarter four of 2021.
What you'll be doing
* Delivering commercial and cost management, commercial reporting, contract administration and supplier performance improvements across our range of contracts.
* Representing Highways England's commercial interests when multi-discipline project teams are developing solutions to complex challenges.
* Providing knowledge and expertise to guide colleagues in the development, application, interpretation and resolution of commercial principles and issues.
* Negotiations with internal and external stakeholders to achieve key commercial deliverables whilst maintaining value for money.To be successful
* You will have demonstrable industry experience within a commercial management role on large scale infrastructure construction projects valued in excess of £500m
* You will hold a professional qualification, RICS, ICES or equivalent, or have equivalent demonstrable experience
You will have demonstrable experience working with NEC based contracts, tendering and procurement as a minimum
* You will have a strong understanding of how to use cost management systems and earned value management techniques to drive continuous improvement
* A proven ability to contribute to and communicate a broader business perspective to align team effort with organisational objectives.
* You will have a proven ability to engage and integrate with a broad range of people, both with internal and external stakeholder to achieve common goals.
A bit about us
There's never been a better time to join our Commercial and Procurement team.
We're a growing, vibrant team helping to drive the most ambitious roads investment programme our country has ever seen. You'll be involved in ensuring that our customers and road workers get home safe and well every day while travelling or working on our road network.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile please contact quoting reference number HIG03624.Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation.And finally
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible...... click apply for full job details